• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Had To Be Seen To Be Believed!

Q_The_Cop

Beware Clown!
I had to go to Douglasville, Ga for a conference on Evidence/Property Room Management (zzzzz) and we arrived at the hotel a little early the night before. We decided to go check out the sights around town (dinner, mall, etc.) We (my Lt. and I) were driving down the road, and I saw a sign that said "Visit Our Walk-In Humidor". Well you know I HAD to pull in the parking lot. We stopped at a place (name withheld to protect the innocent) The store front kind of threw me off for a second, and so did the various "head shop" references on the windows. Driving up in an unmarked detective car probably wasn't the smartest idea either. We walk in, and after wading through the leather biker jackets and "water pipes" I spied the familiar sliding glass door. I flung the door open and rushed inside and closed it behind me, and was hit by the smell of dank moldy wood (?). I stopped dead in my tracks and looked around the place. I have never seen such a selection of smokes in my life. They were everywhere! I'm 5ft 9, and i couldn't even reach some of them. I was the proverbial kid in a candy store. I didn't know what to look at first. I calmed down and started looking around, and noticed re-occuring (sp) theme. There was about a millimeter thick layer of dust on every cigar in the place. I don't think those things have been touched for years. After I realized what was going on, i began to look around some more and found where the smell was coming from. The whole humidor was made out of particle board! Walls, floors, ceilings racks, everything! After a quick "What the Fugg!" I hauled tail out as quickly as I could, grabbing my Lt. from the stripper clothes section he was perusing and left out.
We ate dinner at Joe's Crab Shack (yum yum) and as we were driving back to the hotel I saw a "light in the dark" in big white letters the word CIGARS. I whipped the car around and pulled in to a place called The Cigar Depot. I walked in and was greeted to the wonderful smells of burning leaf. It was a smoking store!! I said hello to the older black gentleman behind the counter reading a newspaper and smoking a Torano, and went straight into the Humi. I was in heaven I tell ya! I had my CP T-shirt on (pure coincidence) and he asked me about it, and we talked for a minute or two and I walked out with a nice little baggie of smokes for next to nothing. That place was awesome, he gave me an invitation to a Macanudo 1968 tasting next weekend. It has a key in it that "could" fit a REALLY nice Macanudo 1968 glasstop humi. If it fits you win it. I'm thinking about making the 2 hour drive up there to go to it. If any of my BOTLs are in the Douglasville area you need to check this place out, it was really awesome.

gallery_8234_754_564146.jpg

Keith, Don Pepin Garcia is going to be at that location on Oct. 22. Im heading there myself if you can make it there we could smoke a couple.

I love when you find a good little place like that!

I had a story kind of the opposite. I went into your generic Cigs and Chew smoke shop, nascar stuff all over the walls, and found a humi FULL of hemmi maddies and Anejos.

Oh and, mmm, I love those Oliva Laceros!!

I love when you find a good little place like that!

I had a story kind of the opposite. I went into your generic Cigs and Chew smoke shop, nascar stuff all over the walls, and found a humi FULL of hemmi maddies and Anejos.

In Vegas? :whistling:

Keith, Don Pepin Garcia is going to be at that location on Oct. 22. Im heading there myself if you can make it there we could smoke a couple.

Me and one of my "Defective" buddies are planning a trip up there. I would love to meet up and smoke with you. He's new to the lifestyle, but loves it all the same. Anybody else in the ATL area should also come. I'll be in contact with you.