• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Good Islay story in the NYT

Lots of great imagery there. It's interesting that Laphroaig 10 was their #1 bottle, being the least expensive and easiest to find of the bunch. It's not my favorite Islay, but it's right up there, and on a value scale it pretty much can't be beat.

Lots of great imagery there. It's interesting that Laphroaig 10 was their #1 bottle, being the least expensive and easiest to find of the bunch. It's not my favorite Islay, but it's right up there, and on a value scale it pretty much can't be beat.
That's pretty much their conclusion. The 10 as #1 in terms of value.

I have everything they tried so except for the location and somebody else paying for it....I was!

nice article.

Thanks. You should have been there sampling.

So who is going to try Smokehead? :)

I also was a bit surprised at the Laphroaig 10 being No.1 as well. But, more importantly: WHERE THE HELL CAN I GET Lagavulin for $57!!!!!! :angry: :love: :(

Lagavulin Distillers Edition 1993 too. I think they wanted to say $87 but then they may have just been converting local prices to USD so that could make a difference too.

So who is going to try Smokehead? :)

I also was a bit surprised at the Laphroaig 10 being No.1 as well. But, more importantly: WHERE THE HELL CAN I GET Lagavulin for $57!!!!!! :angry: :love: :(

Lagavulin Distillers Edition 1993 too. I think they wanted to say $87 but then they may have just been converting local prices to USD so that could make a difference too.

If that is the case, I may have to take a couple of my $57s and go buy a few bottles local then! :laugh:

Great read from my favorite region. Thanks for sharing.

I would shift some of them around but, all in all I would not argue with their top 10. Persoanally, I think Laphroaig CS to be the best value, ($55 here) and is my most visited bottle of the Islay's.

I always drink more Islays in the fall and winter but, this year I have been drinking more Bourbon. I think the hunt for the BTAC's and the Pappy's jump started that train and it just kept rolling. This article reminded me how much I enjoy the Islays this time of year.

I think I will need to have a nice long chat with my friends from Laprhoaig and Ardbeg.

Great Story AVB. I have alot to learn. I really don't know why I have taken so long to experiment with all of the different scotches. Perhaps it's because I was divorced and broke for a good period of time. White Label was pretty tasty. I also didn't realize the regional extremes that existed. Interesting trip testing all of these complexities. :)