• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Going to see Taboada again!

So what gives? Who is this Taboda guy? Are these some sort of uber-rare secret-potion cigars?

mhortsch said:
So what gives? Who is this Taboda guy? Are these some sort of uber-rare secret-potion cigars?
[snapback]222528[/snapback]​
Yes. :cool:

pantala said:
Considering I've been registered only a month less than you, I think this kind of post is unnecessary. Is this enough to provide some cred to you?

http://forums.cigarweekly.com/profile.php?...wprofile&u=6434

How many posts should I have before I'm allowed to do anything around here? Bashing somebody that just registered yesterday is one thing (which I still don't condone) but chastising somebody that has been registered for nearly two years but doesn't post a lot is needless.
[snapback]222508[/snapback]​

If you are writing a resume, always leave Cigarweekly off.... It aint going to help your cred...

morenoloco said:
pantala said:
Considering I've been registered only a month less than you, I think this kind of post is unnecessary.  Is this enough to provide some cred to you? 

How many posts should I have before I'm allowed to do anything around here?  Bashing somebody that just registered yesterday is one thing (which I still don't condone) but chastising somebody that has been registered for nearly two years but doesn't post a lot is needless.

If you are writing a resume, always leave Cigarweekly off.... It aint going to help your cred...
[snapback]222596[/snapback]​

He does have a valid point! Not everyone cares about padding their post count.

pantala said:
If anybody has some Taboadas to spare, please PM me... I've been looking for some custom rolled for a while now. Thanks!
[snapback]222312[/snapback]​

You're quite a talented photographer (I checked out your photo blog). I have some Taboadas (and have some coming)... let me know what you're after via PM... as long as you don't mind sending your end first (nothing personal, we've just never traded before).

moki said:
pantala said:
If anybody has some Taboadas to spare, please PM me... I've been looking for some custom rolled for a while now.  Thanks!

You're quite a talented photographer (I checked out your photo blog). I have some Taboadas (and have some coming)... let me know what you're after via PM... as long as you don't mind sending your end first (nothing personal, we've just never traded before).
[snapback]222770[/snapback]​

THAT'S the CP spirit... the rest of you jackasses keep making this place look like a ****hole. No wonder you don't find too many of the old guys around anymore.

pantala said:
vewyphishy said:
pantala said:
If anybody has some Taboadas to spare, please PM me... I've been looking for some custom rolled for a while now. Thanks!
7 posts and no profile information. Sounds promising. :D
[snapback]222386[/snapback]​

Considering I've been registered only a month less than you, I think this kind of post is unnecessary. Is this enough to provide some cred to you?

How many posts should I have before I'm allowed to do anything around here? Bashing somebody that just registered yesterday is one thing (which I still don't condone) but chastising somebody that has been registered for nearly two years but doesn't post a lot is needless.

Pantala, I (and others I'm sure) cannot view the CW site. CW has been making a very bad name for itself lately if you check posts about CW on other cigar boards.

The answer to your question:
How many posts should I have before I'm allowed to do anything around here?
is impossible to answer and you should know that seeing how you say you've been active on another site for two years.

For instance, I signed up at Herfer's Paradise and after only making a copuple of posts there, I was allowed access to a restricted area on the site because a long-standing member who knew me from another site "vouched" for me. Now I'd bet I could enter into a trade there without too much hassle due to this recommendation as well BUT that completely depends on if the other party had faith in the guy who was vouching for me.

Okay, here's another example for ya. I used to post on CW and over the years I have met more people in person from CW than I have from this site including some very knowledgeable great people one of whom happens to be DocRKS. So when Ramon signed up here, many others and I knew of him and his reputation and something tells me that while he's only been on CP for about a few weeks, NO ONE would hesitate trading with him.

So, do you recognize anyone here who knows you well from other sites? Now that I think about it, I do recognize your screen name from CW but I don't think we ever interacted with one another.

Oh and please don't take vewyphishy's comment's to heart, he's mostly just bustin' ya and honestly means no ill will by it because if I thought he did, I'd blast him for being rude :laugh:

I for one welcome you here and hope that you find this place more to your liking than "other" sites!

coventrycat86 said:
Oh and please don't take vewyphishy's comment's to heart, he's mostly just bustin' ya and honestly means no ill will by it because if I thought he did, I'd blast him for being rude :laugh:
I don't partake in the bashing... but I will occasionaly offer up a casual nut bustin'. Don't take it personally.

CCat was right on both his points... Amazing, I know. :p :D

I think it's been explained to Pantala... and I see his point also...

That said, if anyone has any extra to spare and he's willing to pay, then maybe they can help him out.

IMHO, they are excellent cigars... But I have a lot of excellent cigars in my collection that cost less than $7.00 a stick.

morenoloco said:
I think it's been explained to Pantala... and I see his point also...

That said, if anyone has any extra to spare and he's willing to pay, then maybe they can help him out.

IMHO, they are excellent cigars... But I have a lot of excellent cigars in my collection that cost less than $7.00 a stick.
[snapback]224218[/snapback]​

I have a huge collection of cigars and nothing in the $7 range could even come close to touching a Taboada. The Taboadas are a little over priced but you are paying for a little more than just the cigar with these. Like the rarity of them or the fact of who they are rolled by. They are truly unique in thier flavor profile with some flavors that cannot be found in other ISOMs. Some of these flavors include a hint of red wine and sweet oak. I can think of no other cigar that can compare to this cigar in any price range. Many other "excellent" cigars yes, but none like the Taboada, and none in the $7 range. Some may not enjoy this cigar as much as I do but I do not think that anybody will argue its uniqueness. I can't wait to see what the others in the group buy think.

I enjoy them. Thanks for getting them for us.

To anyone that does not like them and has some. Send them to me for proper disposal.

RPB

atuck said:
The Taboadas are a little over priced but you are paying for a little more than just the cigar with these. Like the rarity of them or the fact of who they are rolled by.
[snapback]224221[/snapback]​

Well said... I'm sure you have a couple of boxes of cigars in your stash from the La Corona factory (let's say from a couple of years ago). But it is true that you wont be able to know for sure who the roller was unless you actually see it first hand. The novelty, and uniqueness is similar to attending a book signing by a famous author.

As for the excellent taste of the cigars, I cannot argue there. Yes, I have bought many custom rolleds and limited edition cigars (ie, Partagas Especialidad 1996's and Davidoffs at the 100+ price range). Are they worth it? IMHO, they are not worth the price paid. But of course, it's a very subjective thing. I love my 7 dollar cigars just as much.

The quest is to find a cigar that no matter what you paid for it, you absolutely enjoy...

My joy in cigars, believe it or not, (aside from smoking a very nice one) is to hand one to someone who likes Macanudo's (because they've never tried anything else) a cigar and they say - "WOW!!!!" after smoking it. It could be a $7 or $70 cigar, it doens't matter - as long as they really enjoyed it. And you still hear them raving about it weeks later...

Let's see a bundle of Taboadas for 750 or 3 boxes of 1998 RyJ Churchill Tubos?

I choose the RyJ's. For my money I would much rather have 7 year old regular production cigars than custom rolled smokes. I can certainly afford the Taboadas but to me custom rolled cigars at 32 a pop makes no sense. I think the guys buying them should keep it up, it leaves the crummy old cigars for guys like me.lol

The Master said:
I think the guys buying them should keep it up, it leaves the crummy old cigars for guys like me.lol
[snapback]224567[/snapback]​

ditto.... especially when you can buy the exact same custom rolled cigars for 1/3 of the price, elsewhere. :)

Matt, I just picked up a bundle of 25 6 1/8 by 52 custom rolled for 205 delivered.

They aren't Taboadas, but they are damn tasty epecially for the price.

The Master said:
Matt, I just picked up a bundle of 25  6 1/8 by 52 custom rolled for 205 delivered.

They aren't Taboadas, but they are damn tasty epecially for the price.
[snapback]224578[/snapback]​

:thumbs:

:cool:

master-

are these from another member on a another board????

if so i am anxious awaiting my first box of these as well. i have heard great things about them.

PM sent to confrim my suspicions.