• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Go to Retailers

• Thread starter Thread starter MX
  • Start date Start date

MX

Quietly getting back into the cigar culture.....
Last edited:
Cigar Page for deals & Jack Schwartz for goodies, mostly.

I've been getting boutique/smaller brands off Cigar Farm & Small Batch a lot more, lately.

Neptune, Mardo & Holt's occasionally.

~Boar

In my never ending search for the finest in El Cheapo cigars
- There's Cigars International, Thompson Cigar, and Cigar Page.

updated 1st post with links

I have tried and tried to use SBC, but I just can’t justify the extra cost for the same cigars. I looked at SBC and CPage for my last purchase, and this is what I found:

Emilio Grimalkin Toro - SBC $50 CP $35
Mi Querida TT 552 - SBC $61.50 CP $40
Illusione Rothchildes - SBC $33.75 CP $25 *(SBC doesn’t have 5’ers. 10’er/2)
La Barba Ricochet Rob. - SBC $49.50 CP$22.50

Total = SBC $194.75 CP $122.50
SBC (-10%) $175
*Both SBC & CP include free shipping & Boveda

So even after the discount, SBC is over $50 more than CP for the exact same cigars. I’m still a rookie, so this is a legitimate question…is there something that SBC is providing that makes them a better choice?

That being said, I have purchased from many smaller, lesser known companies because they had what I was specifically looking for at a reasonable price. In addition to the ones you already mentioned,
- Cigar Place. biz
- niceashcigars. com (large 20% off clearance section)
- Wooden Indian Tobacco
- Neptune
- Puro Cigar House (HTF & L.E.’s)
- Tinder Box
- BL Luxuries
- Rocky’s Cigars NY (got a box of Olmec Maduro Corona Gorda for $99)

Places I will NOT do business with:
- wineadors. com (took 3.5 months to get 2 drawers, and that was only after threats of BBB & AG)
- smoking bear cigars. com (screwed me out of $40 of cigars because they were out of stock, but “we’ll gone some more soon”.)

Anyways, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

I have tried and tried to use SBC, but I just can’t justify the extra cost for the same cigars. I looked at SBC and CPage for my last purchase, and this is what I found:

SBC (-10%) $175

So even after the discount, SBC is over $50 more than CP for the exact same cigars. I’m still a rookie, so this is a legitimate question…is there something that SBC is providing that makes them a better choice?

That being said, I have purchased from many smaller, lesser known companies because they had what I was specifically looking for at a reasonable price. In addition to the ones you already mentioned,
- Cigar Place. biz
- Wooden Indian Tobacco
- Neptune
- Tinder Box
- BL Luxuries

- wineadors. com (took 3.5 months to get 2 drawers, and that was only after threats of BBB & AG)
- smoking bear cigars. com (screwed me out of $40 of cigars because they were out of stock, but “we’ll gone some more soon”.)

Anyways, that’s my story and I’m sticking to i
Right on!

SBC (-10%) $175

- Cigar Place. biz
- Wooden Indian Tobacco
- Neptune
- Tinder Box
- BL Luxuries

Anyways, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

If you are on the mailing list, there are constantly codes for 20-30% off. Combined with their "points" system my orders are usually close to other retailers. Plus, the free shipping is real Priority Mail and arrives in a couple days. They also have excellent packaging with nothing bumping around in transit. Lastly, customer service has been top notch.

there are constantly codes for 20-30% off.
I did not know that, and will get on their mailing list immediately! Thanks for the heads-up!
Plus, the free shipping is real Priority Mail and arrives in a couple days.
Shipping time is my only complaint about CP. It is always at least a week before I get my order. I’ve never been in danger of running out of cigars before I get more, but still…

Alright, similar thoughts as dawgie on cigarpage vs. sbc. I've used a bunch of retailers depending on offers and stock. Cigar page is by far my usual go to followed by Famous, Fox, Cigarking, SBC (I have a friend that can get me 30% off sometimes and their selection is one of the best), Neptune, Cigarplace, JR, Smoke Inn, etc. Here are two things to check out if you haven't. 1. Cigarking has "motherload" packages for 99-119. They just tell you the brand, not what sticks or how many. I've done it 4-5 times for Dunbarton and have never been disappointed. 2. Famous has a page called, "cigar auctioneer" where I've gotten some great deals. Kind of like cigar bid but a lot less traffic. If you use it, pick shipping to be on one day, not with each bid. You are not allowed to outbid me!

SBC, Page, Atlantic, and several others mentioned above.

If I am looking for something specific, I dig around and have done several one time purchases from smaller spots.

I like finding the small shops!

The best thing (for me) about this thread is that I have a bunch of retailers that I didn’t know about to add to my arsenal! Thank you gentlemen!

Reactions: MX
1000007183.jpg

And this is my issue with some of the larger retailers. All that packing means nothing when the cigars are just thrown on top of it