• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fav. Atari or NES game

Never had the Atari 2600. I had the Intellivision, then the Atari 5200. Favorite games for each as follows:

Football
Baseball
Tron Deadly Discs
Snafu
Sub Hunt

Pole Position
Mario Bros.
Kangaroo
Q*bert
Defender

INTELLIVISION'S BLITZ was AWESOME!! In Atari, Pitfall was my fav game.

For NES, my favorite all time game is without a doubt:

Baseball Stars

I played so many hours of this game, and even look for emulators all the time just to keep playing it. It's addictive like crack I tell you!

Atari:
Combat
Yars Revenge

NES:
Punch Out
Ninja Gaiden
RBI Baseball
Track and Field
Contra

Bonus.. Sega Genesis:
Hurzog's Zwei

Holy Chit.... now this brings back memories!

Space Invaders
Asteroids
Pitfall
Defender

NES

Too many to list

Sega Genesis

Stryder
Shinobi

Robotron:2084 was mine.

Robotron-_2084.png

Atari:
Combat
Yars Revenge

NES:
Punch Out
Ninja Gaiden
RBI Baseball
Track and Field
Contra

Bonus.. Sega Genesis:
Hurzog's Zwei

Holy crap I totally forgot about Yar's Revenge. Good call.

In the spirit of remember the "Konami code". I've always remembered the Mike Tyson code for Punchout.
007 373 5963

It's weird what sticks with you through childhood.

Atari:
Combat
Yars Revenge

NES:
Punch Out
Ninja Gaiden
RBI Baseball
Track and Field
Contra

Bonus.. Sega Genesis:
Hurzog's Zwei

Holy crap I totally forgot about Yar's Revenge. Good call.

In the spirit of remember the "Konami code". I've always remembered the Mike Tyson code for Punchout.
007 373 5963

It's weird what sticks with you through childhood.

Too funny, I remember that code too. I don't think that I ever beat him though.

I beat him once when I was a kid. I never knew anyone that could beat him on a regular basis. It was always 1ce or 2ce and that was your claim to fame. I used to love that game. Now when I play I can't get past the first 1:30.

I actually still play the Arcade version a lot. When you Fought Vodka Drunkinski and Pizza Pasta and the final guy is Mr. Sandman.

EDIT ADDITION:

Holy shit...My Inner Geek just popped out.

What a blast from the past.

NES:
Definitely #1 Super Tecmo (Randall Cunnningham..... amazing)
Baseball Stars
RBI
RC Pro Am
T&C Surf Design
Super Mario 3
How About a Little Spy Hunter Action.

Oh man NES was the shiznit...

I beat him once when I was a kid. I never knew anyone that could beat him on a regular basis. It was always 1ce or 2ce and that was your claim to fame. I used to love that game. Now when I play I can't get past the first 1:30.

I actually still play the Arcade version a lot. When you Fought Vodka Drunkinski and Pizza Pasta and the final guy is Mr. Sandman.

EDIT ADDITION:

I beat him {Tyson} in a decision a couple of times. It was supposedly impossible (not in the game code) for him to be able to get knocked out. According to a soft backed NES code book, that I believe had a green or red cover, obtaining over 5,000 points was the break over to win the decision over Tyson. Fortunately I no longer have that book, but I believe most of the information above to be accurate.

Brandon

He was able to be knocked out. That's how I beat him. I remember almost breaking the living room lamp because I was jumping around the house when I knocked him out.

I know the book that you're talking about too.

Heh. 21 years later I'm still talking about it apparently. Ahh I miss my childhood.

Still play NES on the regular!!!! And yes, you can easily knock Mike Tyson out...it's all timing. :rolleyes:

In order...
Contra
Punch-out
Super Tecmo Bowl
Super Mario Brothers
Little League World Series

...although we have many a late-nite battle with ole "Dr. Mario"

Derek

Atari 2600
Pitfall

Nintendo
Super Mario Bros. 3
The Legend of Zelda

Super Nintendo

Mario Paint
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Nintendo 64

Super Mario 64 (I know I have played this game more than any other game ever... I loved it)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

After that I grew out of Nintendo and Mario games. I did have a Wii for a little while and beat Super Mario Galaxy. I liked the game, but I do not think it was as good as the other Mario games. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Makes me want to go buy my older video game systems.

R.B.I. Baseball for the NES. I loved the little midget baseball players. Oh yeah, and how the game would just magically lock up halfway through the game. LOL. I miss that game.

EDIT ADDITION:

I beat him {Tyson} in a decision a couple of times. It was supposedly impossible (not in the game code) for him to be able to get knocked out. According to a soft backed NES code book, that I believe had a green or red cover, obtaining over 5,000 points was the break over to win the decision over Tyson. Fortunately I no longer have that book, but I believe most of the information above to be accurate.

Brandon

I dunno, Robin Givens sure did a number on him. :whistling: