• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Experienced Cohiba Smokers, Opions Please

IanHummel

Hey everyone, I wanted to get a couple different opinions from some experienced Cohiba Siglo smokers. I've currently only had the VI's and the IV's and was wondering what your thoughts were on some of their other lines. A couple of buddies of mine are looking to do three 15 pack splits with 3 different ISOM's and are looking for reccomendations. The first box we'd like to get from the Siglo series that we haven't tried yet (either the II, III, or V's). Esplendidos and Piramides are out of the price range for this split. The second box we were looking at possibly Monte #2's. It's a safe bet, but there are obviously many other options. The last brand I was looking into possibly getting was going to be some Partagas or Punch's.

I prefer smoother, medium bodied cigars. For instance, an Opus X was almost TOO strong for me. All in all I'm just looking for some thoughts and reviews from you all. Most of the reviews I've read were from Cohiba Whores that will swear up and down by anything and everything made by them and not offer any helpful critiques.

Hey everyone, I wanted to get a couple different opinions from some experienced Cohiba Siglo smokers. I've currently only had the VI's and the IV's and was wondering what your thoughts were on some of their other lines. A couple of buddies of mine are looking to do three 15 pack splits with 3 different ISOM's and are looking for reccomendations. The first box we'd like to get from the Siglo series that we haven't tried yet (either the II, III, or V's). Esplendidos and Piramides are out of the price range for this split. The second box we were looking at possibly Monte #2's. It's a safe bet, but there are obviously many other options. The last brand I was looking into possibly getting was going to be some Partagas or Punch's.

I prefer smoother, medium bodied cigars. For instance, an Opus X was almost TOO strong for me. All in all I'm just looking for some thoughts and reviews from you all. Most of the reviews I've read were from Cohiba Whores that will swear up and down by anything and everything made by them and not offer any helpful critiques.

What's the question?

What's the question?

"All in all I'm just looking for some thoughts and reviews from you all. "

Which Cohiba to you prefer, II, III, or V? Which Cuban Montecristo do you prefer? My buddies and I have not smoked Cuban Partagas or Punch's, I was looking for some guidence on different smokes under those brands. Just trying to put together a nice Cuban sampler I guess.

What's the question?

Are horsies pretty?

Depends on which end you're talking about!

pretty_woman.jpg

Ian you miss the point all of these cigars have been reviewed multiple times in the review section. Why ask what are favored if this has been posted previously? Josh gave you a link, use it and learn what others have said.

Remember search is your friend :angry:

Ian you miss the point all of these cigars have been reviewed multiple times in the review section. Why ask what are favored if this has been posted previously? Josh gave you a link, use it and learn what others have said.

Remember search is your friend :angry:

LMAO

Search button. I know your new to the board, but no matter what board you go to they have a search button, use it.

Here's another good thread that might enlighten you. Or at least it's something to keep in mind.

At the least the guy is facilitating SOME kind of discussion. Unless it's a brand-new cigar brand, everything has been discussed here in some capacity or another.

We need more discussion in here anyway...it's been pretty dead in here since OFAC has made us all paranoid. All I ever see in here anymore is "Is this box fake?" or "Is this stick a counterfeit?" threads, very few threads about ENJOYING the good leaf. :(

At the least the guy is facilitating SOME kind of discussion. Unless it's a brand-new cigar brand, everything has been discussed here in some capacity or another.

We need more discussion in here anyway...it's been pretty dead in here since OFAC has made us all paranoid. All I ever see in here anymore is "Is this box fake?" or "Is this stick a counterfeit?" threads, very few threads about ENJOYING the good leaf. :(

Oh well. To each their own I guess. I had read the threads posted within this thread previous to posting this, and to be honest, like you said, this section of the forum seemed very dead. I ended up getting a sampler put together with about 20 sticks so that we could try various kinds and make a box decision at a later date. Thanks to those who PM'ed me their input.

I was simply looking to start a topic and get a discussion going, after all, people in this forum always say be an active member of the community. I guess this isn't really the place to do that right now.... :0

I just wish this area of the forum got some more visitors and posters. I understand with the OFAC and everything, but it would be nice to keep this section going with some general talk instead of the occasional counterfeit post.

And in answer to Ian's question, I particularly like the Siglos II and III sizes.

For good mild-medium cigars, the Montecristo No. 2 is a classic, as is the No. 1, 3, or 4. Also try some Romeo y Julieta sizes (Exhibicion No. 4, Short Churchill, and Churchill spring to mind) or Punch (the Petit Coronas del Punch, Punch Punch, Churchills, and Double Coronas are all great).

Partagas and Bolivar would probably be too strong for you at this point in your cigar smoking journey, but definitely give them a whirl once you build your tolerance.

If you can find them, Por Larranaga is an excellent medium-bodied cigar in any size, but especially the Petit Corona.

Oh well. To each their own I guess. I had read the threads posted within this thread already, and to be honest, like you said, this section of the forum seemed very dead. I ended up getting a nice sampler put together with about 20 sticks so that we could try various kinds and make box decisions at a later date. Thanks to those who PM'ed me their input.

Looks like I was too late :laugh:

Now this one is a definite "search" question. The one's where you want plain old info that rarely changes.

Contrasted with, "How are the 06 Cohibas doing lately compared to the 05s?"

Then you would be looking for new info.

Or even, "How are the PSP2s that are being sold now?"

Oh well. To each their own I guess. I had read the threads posted within this thread previous to posting this, and to be honest, like you said, this section of the forum seemed very dead. I ended up getting a sampler put together with about 20 sticks so that we could try various kinds and make a box decision at a later date. Thanks to those who PM'ed me their input.

I was simply looking to start a topic and get a discussion going, after all, people in this forum always say be an active member of the community. I guess this isn't really the place to do that right now.... :0

I just wish this area of the forum got some more visitors and posters. I understand with the OFAC and everything, but it would be nice to keep this section going with some general talk instead of the occasional counterfeit post.

I would love to see this forum get more attention than it does, but don't make new threads about a subject that was discussed several months ago with numerous pages in that thread. If anything, top the thread and ask for any new opinions or perspectives that maybe some members overlooked the first time :thumbs:

No bullshit. I have checked out this thread about 20 times since that pic of the "lace me up" (or rather, lace me down...) chick was posted.

She looks like she is looking at me... :blush:

:love:

mac