• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

El Casa del Habano

Sorry Moki,

I thought that since this thread was about LCDH, that perhaps you were suggesting that the problem of fakes in Canada has also affected the authenticity of the supply at LCDH's in Canada...

My misunderstanding...

When I was a surgical resident in Michigan, I used to go to Windsor all the time. Sticks are expensive. The taxes are outrageous. You are going to pay about 20 dollars and up for a stick. I used to smoke the machine made Partagas like the Perfectos which was about 10 dollars and this was about six years ago

Not to mention... http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?pos=-686

I haven't seen any fakes in the authorized Habanos stores in Canada. Maybe if you buy from back alleys... but I'm sure this is the case in any country.

Moki,

Are you suggesting that a La Casa Del Habana (LCDH) cannot be trusted to sell authentic Habanas? Is there some sort of proof of this?

No, I am not suggesting that. I'm suggesting that in addition to cigars in general being ridiculously expensive in Canada (or perhaps in part because of this), there are a metric crapload of fakes in Canada.

I was not making any statement regarding LCDH's anywhere.

By the same token, I'd hazzard to guess there are more fake Cuban cigars in the US then there are in Canada based on population differences of our two countries and demand.

Don't waste your time or money going to Canada to buy or smoke Cuban cigars. They have just about the highest prices in the world fot their cigars. Giving them any of your business just supports their pathestic tax structure. Vote with your wallet and say no to Canada.

The La Casa Del Habanos stores can be owned by an individual and they hire their own employees. There have been instances where fake Cuban cigars were sold at La Casa's. It was obviously done by scumbag employees and not some nefarious plot by the Canadien distributor of Cuban cigars.

Moki,

Are you suggesting that a La Casa Del Habana (LCDH) cannot be trusted to sell authentic Habanas? Is there some sort of proof of this?

No, I am not suggesting that. I'm suggesting that in addition to cigars in general being ridiculously expensive in Canada (or perhaps in part because of this), there are a metric crapload of fakes in Canada.

I was not making any statement regarding LCDH's anywhere.

By the same token, I'd hazzard to guess there are more fake Cuban cigars in the US then there are in Canada based on population differences of our two countries and demand.
That and the fact they're illegal here.