• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

El Casa del Habano

ThankYouForNotSmoking

Self-Proclaimed Everyman's Man
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone had a price list for any ECDH anywhere, preferably in Windsor, Ont. I know that all the SE Michigan people have headed out that way, and I was hoping to go there and buy some sticks, but I wanted to know how much I'd be spending on say:

Paratagas Serie P #2, Serie D #4
Cohiba Siglo IV or VI
Montecristo #2

And really anything else, anyone made any purchases abroad at a licensed ECDH dealer and still have a receipt or remember the price? That'd be great. Any Detroiters on the board (or Canadians?)?

Way more than you should. I was there a few months ago and talk about expensive. Everyone and their mother sells the things. I think I paid almost 30.00 for a Lancero. I bet your list will cost you at least $85-90. I don't know if it is tax or gouging, but they will cost you dearly my friend.
Here is where I ended up going. They have a catalog w/prices.

Nate

Edited to remove place. Since it was a B&M I posted it, but then thought better of it. ???

I've seen the ________ website, but I was worried about their authenticity, I imagine there are probably some Canadians looking to make the quick buck off some stupid American schmuck (speaking). So I guess people have good experiences there, nice to hear.

peter

edited for the same reason as nfulton did his

When I was a surgical resident in Michigan, I used to go to Windsor all the time. Sticks are expensive. The taxes are outrageous. You are going to pay about 20 dollars and up for a stick. I used to smoke the machine made Partagas like the Perfectos which was about 10 dollars and this was about six years ago

Tobacco tax is between 95 and 200% depending on the province. That is where you get the crazy prices from.

Tobacco tax is between 95 and 200% depending on the province. That is where you get the crazy prices from.

This man speaks the truth, that's why we Canadians don't buy any sticks in the b&m's here -- can't afford it! Siglo VI I've seen in reputable cigar stores around here for like $60 CDN. That's roughly $52 USD. Do you REALLY want to bother? :)

Wow, maybe I don't want to bother. It was a damned fine excuse to go to Canada though, now I have to try to anchor an entire trip on the supposedly delicious Chinese food that is to be had in Windsor.

I smoked my first Cubans in Canada and paid the stupid prices because I didn't know better. In Windsor I payed $23 for a Monte #3. In Toronto, $57 for a siglo VI, $30 for a Bolivar Corona Gigante,and I thgink $35 for a Partagas serie P no. 2. (all prices are Canadian).

Wow, maybe I don't want to bother. It was a damned fine excuse to go to Canada though, now I have to try to anchor an entire trip on the supposedly delicious Chinese food that is to be had in Windsor.

We have good strip joints, so that could be a reason to come over. :whistling:

I never really saw the attraction of sitting in a room with near 50 or more men with raging drunk erections. Creeps me out a little.

This man speaks the truth, that's why we Canadians don't buy any sticks in the b&m's here -- can't afford it! Siglo VI I've seen in reputable cigar stores around here for like $60 CDN. That's roughly $52 USD. Do you REALLY want to bother? :)

Each??!? Jeebus, I spent less than that on a fiver of Monte #4 in St. Barths...

Each??!? Jeebus, I spent less than that on a fiver of Monte #4 in St. Barths...

You are correct my man. Canada has a golden opportunity to be THE center for cheap Cuban cigars on this continent and yet they we miss the mark. If we had no taxes on cigars the effect would be tremendous and hordes of US smokers would cross the border to get cheap Cubans. As it is not even Canadians want to buy Cuban cigars (or any cigars for that matter) in a Canadian store. So sad and forces us to go the online route.

You might wait for the exchange rates to go up a bit. At about 1.16 CDN per USD, $40CDN is about $34USD. A couple years ago, it was like 1.50 CDN per USD.

Of course, it might be a long wait :p

antaean

Somehow, raging drunk men with erections are the furthest things from my mind when I'm in a strip joint...but that's just me.

I never really saw the attraction of sitting in a room with near 50 or more men with raging drunk erections. Creeps me out a little.

Windosr is to tits, as Cuba is to cigars.....

Moki,

Are you suggesting that a La Casa Del Habana (LCDH) cannot be trusted to sell authentic Habanas? Is there some sort of proof of this?

In addition, the article you sited is 10 years old, and was pubished at the height of the boom. I'm not so sure that the same conditions and demands apply to todays market.

No offense intended, I just want to be clear on this...

An LCDH might be expensive in Canada, but there is no reason to believe they sell fakes...

You can also check out havana house (the official Canadian importer of cuban cigars) for a list of autherized distributers of cubans in Canada.

Moki,

Are you suggesting that a La Casa Del Habana (LCDH) cannot be trusted to sell authentic Habanas? Is there some sort of proof of this?

No, I am not suggesting that. I'm suggesting that in addition to cigars in general being ridiculously expensive in Canada (or perhaps in part because of this), there are a metric crapload of fakes in Canada.

I was not making any statement regarding LCDH's anywhere.