• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Edumacation please

I'm not super familiar with this type of packaging, so it could be attributable to that, or the lighting in the photos, but the head on the cigar in the OP from the Mexican duty-free looks suspiciously round to me.

I'm not super familiar with this type of packaging, so it could be attributable to that, or the lighting in the photos, but the head on the cigar in the OP from the Mexican duty-free looks suspiciously round to me.

I must apologize for quality of the pictures. I think my camera needs to be upgraded. It does not do well on close ups as is obvious from the photos.

Actually the cap on the Mexican duty free cigar is more flat than the one I had. The one I put in the picture is on the right! Maybe I have the fake! :0

I wouldn't worry, based just on my observation. And that's only one small indicator of many that can be looked at to draw a conclusion.

The only way I know for sure to tell is to smoke 'em.

I wouldn't worry, based just on my observation. And that's only one small indicator of many that can be looked at to draw a conclusion.

The only way I know for sure to tell is to smoke 'em.

BINGO!

That will happen in the next couple of days.

Smoked 'em. Cohiba had that rich characteristic Cohiba taste. Complex, good depth, nice finish and good burn. Montecristo, marginal burn, flat flavor, single dimensional, and uninteresting. The wrapper on the M3 did had some veins. The big thing to me is that the flavor wanted to make it through but did not show itself, as if, it was underhumidified at some point and brought back to moistness. Just my impression, but the Sig II showed some real, characteristic flavor, and the M3 was marginal at best.

DD LMK what you think.

Smoked 'em. Cohiba had that rich characteristic Cohiba taste. Complex, good depth, nice finish and good burn. Montecristo, marginal burn, flat flavor, single dimensional, and uninteresting. The wrapper on the M3 did had some veins. The big thing to me is that the flavor wanted to make it through but did not show itself, as if, it was underhumidified at some point and brought back to moistness. Just my impression, but the Sig II showed some real, characteristic flavor, and the M3 was marginal at best.

DD LMK what you think.

Wow Larry you are right on with the M3. Early this year I found that the box it was in, was well below the proper RH level and had most likely been down for a good bit of time. I put it through the slow re-humidification process but it obviously didn't come completely back to life. The sig however did not suffer the same fate. I smoked and compared yours to the others I have, and all in all my judgement would be that they were more then likely authentic. Thanks for taking the time and helping shed some light on my duty-free mystery. Suprisingly I think it is fair to say that you can get authentic smokes from DF shops. :thumbs: