• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic

elderboy02

Date: 10/4/08

Cigar: Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic 1979 Robusto Black Label (5 x 50)

Cost: $74.56 for a box of 20 off of Cigar International's "Make Me An Offer"

Drink: Coca-Cola Classic (the best cola out there)

Appearance: 2 banded cigar that says "Don Pepin Garcia" with a dark background on the top band and a second band that says "Cuban Classic" with a black background. This has a dark brown wrapper on the cigar.

Pre-light: Smells like wood.

Taste of the cigar: This cigar has a peppery and leather taste to it. The pepper is very strong at the beginning and it gets weaker as the cigar is smoked.

Construction: Held a nice ash. I ash my cigar after about 1.5 inches on every cigar I smoke. The draw was perfect, not too loose, and not too tight. The cigar required a few touchups.

Strength: This was full flavored, but didn't knock me on my butt, and I smoked this in the morning.

Summary: I loved this cigar. I am glad I bought a box. I think these will be a mainstay in my humidor. I would definitely recommend this cigar to others. I give it a 9.5/10

I believe you reviewed the black label version. Blue label is also great, in fact I may prefer it slightly to the black (cuban classic). TFTR!

I believe you reviewed the black label version. Blue label is also great, in fact I may prefer it slightly to the black (cuban classic). TFTR!

Correct, the black label. I edited my post to make it clearer.

I had my box in the humi for almost a year and tried the first one for the first time last night. There was a very slight sweetness added with the pepper which got stronger for me. I've gotta try one off the truck next time. A very good cigar nonetheless.
Thanks for the review.

Nice review. Thanks for that.

This was actually my favorite smoke for quite a few months, but I'm starting to veer more towards the Blue Label lately. Crazy how my tastes can shift so much, over the weeks and months. But I do have a box just sitting and waiting for a black label resurgence. It's a good problem to have.

This line never has done anything for me. The blues label are very good IMHO.

Thanks for the review.

Chris

It funny, I had one of these the other morning, though a smaller vitola and while it wasn't bad I wasn't overly impressed either. Maybe it was because it was my first Pepin and I was expecting too much? or that it was a tad strong for me that early in the day.

It funny, I had one of these the other morning, though a smaller vitola and while it wasn't bad I wasn't overly impressed either. Maybe it was because it was my first Pepin and I was expecting too much? or that it was a tad strong for me that early in the day.

Which size? I didn't like the corona size

I'm not exactly sure the name of the size :blush: It was only about 4-5 inches long and a smaller ring gage.