• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Don Carlos Belicoso Bands

blasterp7

Hello to all, first post to the forum

Although I have been smoking cigars off and on for 30 + years, I have recently gotten back into the pastime.

I have a question regarding Fuente Don Carlos Belicoso cigar bands. I have the remnant of a box purchased a while back and it has a gold and black with the red being predominate on the top of the band wording is A Fuente on to and Gran Reserva on bottom. I recently opened another box of Don Carlos Belicoso's and most of the red is now black and the wording is A. Fuente on top, and Reserva Don Carlos on the bottom. This band is very similar to the band found on the Eye of the Sharks that I have. Bands go from smallest to biggest (although very slightly) old Don Carlos Belicoso, newer Don Carlos Belicoso, and Eye of the Shark. All cigars look to be very similar in sizing - but of course the Eye of the Sharks are partially box pressed.

I have checked the internet and I can find no references to the changes. Anyone out there able to explain what I am looking at??? Thanks

Welcome aboard!

Sorry I can't help with the bands.

Welcome aboard. Maybe post a picture and we can give you better info.

Thanks, a good idea. If I get some time tomorrow, I will search around and try to figure out how to post a picture

In the website info section there is some info on how to download pics. Nobody gets it right the first time so don't sweat it. As for the question, AF seems to have made subtle changes to their bands even on the same cigar. Weather this equates to a change in blend or just aesthetics I don't think they have revealed that. I would think it mostly aesthetics though.

Welcome. Yes the Don Carlos bands have changed. I read an article where it was mentioned somewheres on the interwebs.

Welcome. Yes the Don Carlos bands have changed. I read an article where it was mentioned somewheres on the interwebs.
I recall reading that as well, likely on Halfwheel. It might have been during their IPCPR coverage.

Also, you'll want to post an introduction post in the new members section of the forum. Its our way of people coming into our living room, shaking hands and introducing themselves before starting a conversation.

Yes. The band was updated within the past couple years.
A good friend (shop owner) smokes these regularly and I noticed the change. I thought it was a limited cigar at first - only to be told they changed the bands.
Modernization I guess.

J S noticed it a while ago.
(no - they are not the shop owner I am referencing)
https://twitter.com/JSchwartzCigar/status/796077421594169344/photo/1

In the website info section there is some info on how to download pics. Nobody gets it right the first time so don't sweat it. As for the question, AF seems to have made subtle changes to their bands even on the same cigar. Weather this equates to a change in blend or just aesthetics I don't think they have revealed that. I would think it mostly aesthetics though.

Whether

Last edited:
Welcome from Colorado Springs. I can't help with your band question except to say that if grateful1 states it, then it must be true.

Just because it's a fun thread to look at, and maybe you'll see an example of your old style band there, check out the Anejo & Opus X reference thread pinned at the top, there's photos of their entire lineup.