• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Does plume accumulate on the foot of a cigar.

maduro89

Straight Razors and Whisky
So i was wondering if plume accumulates on the foot of a cigar. I have one 4 year old suspect within a tubo. If its mold im tossing it, thing is everything looks evenly distributed around the cigar like dust (it kind of glistens when i shine light on it) with no mold spots. thanks!

Are there any health risks to smoking a cigar that had mold on it, or is it just a question of the taste being effected?

On the foot, that's mold.

...yeah. Plume is due to the oils in the cigar crystallizing on the surface of the wrapper. Doesn't happen on the foot.

As far as health risks, a little surface mold on the wrapper can often be wiped off, no harm, no foul. But if the foot is furry...it gets pitched.

On the foot, that's mold.

...yeah. Plume is due to the oils in the cigar crystallizing on the surface of the wrapper. Doesn't happen on the foot.

As far as health risks, a little surface mold on the wrapper can often be wiped off, no harm, no foul. But if the foot is furry...it gets pitched.
its on the edge of the foot really but eh im not going to risk it. out she goes!

You could also chop an inch off the foot and see what you can see. Might save the stick.....

I'll chime in with the others here: on the foot it's mold. Also, I have had a couple cigars with some mold on the foot that I've smoked after chopping off an inch or so like BBS advised, and I didn't notice any issues. I did also cut open the chunk I lopped off to see if I could observe any mold growing up the filler, just to make sure.

I'll chime in with the others here: on the foot it's mold. Also, I have had a couple cigars with some mold on the foot that I've smoked after chopping off an inch or so like BBS advised, and I didn't notice any issues. I did also cut open the chunk I lopped off to see if I could observe any mold growing up the filler, just to make sure.

I've done this same thing, and enjoyed a few fine cigars after removing the bottom inch or two.

You should have posted pics. Tubos have more of a tendency to gather plume than other cigars do. Otherwise we're just guessing.