• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Data Breach - Atlantic City Cigars

Pugman1943

Atlantic City Cigars has suffered a data breach. Received my notification today. They followed the Fed. Rules, was investigated and now notifing customers. Everyone was given a $1 million dollar identity protection and rules to follow.

Thought you might like to know.

Pug

Could be AC Cigar Co as Hackers hit companies late 2015 in AC. From the Nugget to Rain forest cafe.

Can you please share the date range of the breach, if they shared it in the letter?

Got the notice too. Minor correction, the data breech happened sometime in November 2016. Atlantic was notified by Aptos, their database service provider, on February 10 2017 that there had been a "...remote access intrusion...".

Third party processing is still not a guarantee. Serious Cigars switched to third party after they compromised my data. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

I received a notice around the same time as others here. I would suggest checking your cards that you may have used. I'm pretty sure I just got an unauthorized pending transaction and contacted my credit card bank right away. They're issuing a refund , sending a replacement and fraud paperwork for me to sign. Some yahoo thought he was gonna get $288 of truck acceso routes/parts on my dime. Nope.