• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cubans -- a mixed bag?

When feeling the urge to gamble, I go to the Cuban humidor. When feeling the urge to smoke something I know is going to be good, I go to the Padron/Opus X humidor :p

I've had many fine Cubans. I've had more fine domestics though.

So, just a little update here as I continue on my journey through Cuba. I've since tried a few other sticks with mixed results. Some of the highlight have been (based upon suggestions from CC and others) the Quintero Brevas, San Cristobal El, and ERDM (can't recall specifically which it was at the moment). I've also sampled a number of others including some RASS, Punch Punch, and a smaller gauge Trinidad. Most of these others have been good, but not great. I continue to think that Cubans are a mixed bag, but that they're much the same as smoking non-ISOM sticks. But, I've also surprisingly found that since starting to smoke Cubans, I've also found that there are times when I just crave that Cuban flavor -- simarly to how I enjoy the flavor profile of leaf from Nic, or how someone like Moki seems to enjoy the DR leaf found in the Opus.

It's been a fun and enlightening journey!

Mojo said:
So, just a little update here as I continue on my journey through Cuba. I've since tried a few other sticks with mixed results. Some of the highlight have been (based upon suggestions from CC and others) the Quintero Brevas, San Cristobal El, and ERDM (can't recall specifically which it was at the moment). I've also sampled a number of others including some RASS, Punch Punch, and a smaller gauge Trinidad. Most of these others have been good, but not great. I continue to think that Cubans are a mixed bag, but that they're much the same as smoking non-ISOM sticks. But, I've also surprisingly found that since starting to smoke Cubans, I've also found that there are times when I just crave that Cuban flavor -- simarly to how I enjoy the flavor profile of leaf from Nic, or how someone like Moki seems to enjoy the DR leaf found in the Opus.

It's been a fun and enlightening journey!
Yep, I think there's great wisdom in what you've said. I also crave that Cuban profile from time to time; but they are just cigars.

<thumping microphone> Uh....hullo....is thing on?!?!? Why hasn't anyone brought up age of the cigars, storage conditions(RH and otherwise), and how long after they arrived from the vendor before smoking? You guys are slipping.

Emo