• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cuban box code decoder

typical software guy releasing something before it's ready! Moki should work for Microsoft! LOL :laugh:

ZING! Good one. Once it's up and running decoder 2.0 will come out, but you'll need to upgrade your hardware to run it.

From what I read about Moki, you'll probably have to upgrade to a $5000 Mac for the 2005 date code... but that will be released in 2015, on v7.2! LMAO! j/king

Here are some box codes I have on hand now:

JNL JUL03 = RyJ Cedros Deluxe #2 - Dress Box 25
LLN ABR04 = Cohiba Siglo VI - SLB Varnished 10
PMR MAR05 = Bolivar Coronas Extra - SLB 50
SVF MAY05 = Montecristo #2 - Dress Box 10
SVF JUN05 = Bolivar Coronas - Dress Box 25
FIM JUN05 = Partagas Serie P #2 - SBN 25
FIM SEP05 = Bolivar Belicosos Finos - SLB 25

I will look through my notes for earlier box codes, but I never really kept track of them since I typically smoke them up within a couple of years. As for the JNL JUL03 RyJ's, I think was a time when the code system was in flux. It has occurred to me that a rotating code wheel was being used for the factories with the first and last letters increasing and the middle one decreasing. Have never had enough data/info to confirm my suspicions on that.

Again, Moki, great project.

antaean

Looks good. Anyone have any idea on this:
Thanks

The decoder says.........

Box Code: SVFDIC05
Date: December, 2005
Factory: Partagas (produces: Partagas, Ramon Allones, Bolivar, La Gloria Cubana)

Andrew, That's very nice. I've always thought this would be a good project for someone, though I never saw it done. Good work! This is probably going to be more popular than the other sites you've put up regarding cigars. :thumbs:

You'd be surprised Matt... that other site gets a crapload of hits. I'm just waiting for the right day to slap ads on it and retire! ;)

since were on the topic of codes, does anybody know where the JLPs are made?

since were on the topic of codes, does anybody know where the JLPs are made?

The information that I have says that they are made at the Holguin facility in the Pinar del Rio. I could be dated, though.

Ahhh...I see version 1.1 is already out.

That code is on a box of Cohiba Siglo IVs...

Looks good. Anyone have any idea on this:
Thanks

The decoder says.........

Box Code: SVFDIC05
Date: December, 2005
Factory: Partagas (produces: Partagas, Ramon Allones, Bolivar, La Gloria Cubana)

Andrew, That's very nice. I've always thought this would be a good project for someone, though I never saw it done. Good work! This is probably going to be more popular than the other sites you've put up regarding cigars. :thumbs:

You'd be surprised Matt... that other site gets a crapload of hits. I'm just waiting for the right day to slap ads on it and retire! ;)

Thanks to everyone for their submissions. I've come to the conclusion that the only *reasonable* way to make this a truly useful resource is to allow people to add information to the database.

The reason is that Habanos SA is constantly changing box codes... and without someone on the inside who can provide a constant and comprehensive list of the factory associated with each box code (and the years with which that box code was used), it just won't be any more useful than the static lists that are abundantly available already.

I still intend to finish the pre-2000 box code decoding, which is quite trivial to do... but he's what I think needs to be done for the post-2000 box codes.

You enter a box code, it decodes the year and month... and if the factory code is in the database, it prints out the known info. If the factory code isn't in the database, anyone visiting the web site can add:

a) The factory associated with this box code (if known -- most of the time it isn't)

b) If the factory is NOT known, the user can enter the brand and vitola of cigars associated with the box code

In this way, we'll be able to constantly build a reference list of what cigar brands are coming from what factories during specific years. Even if the factory isn't known, it'll be useful to know the cigar brands associated with particular box codes from particular years.

Certainly there's a chance that bad data can enter the database in this way (fake box codes for instance), but the majority of the box codes entered will be valid, and thus the aggregate information will be useful.

I don't know when I'll be getting around to implementing this, but you no longer need to let me know about box codes that don't match... because I'll be changing how that's handled.

I'm awfully surprised there's be no Da Vinci Code jokes yet, what type of an internet message board is this?

typical software guy releasing something before it's ready! Moki should work for Microsoft! LOL :laugh:

Burnsauce!!!!! Moki and Microsoft is like Vitasea and genuine cubans!!!!!!

Oh and killer idea!!!

edited cuz im stupid

No doubt about it, I'm sure. you've put up some great sites to not only entertain, but also to educate, cigars smokers. Keep going dude!!

BTW Andrew... this decoder thingy rocks!

can't wait for the special decoder ring for us all! :laugh:

BTW Andrew... this decoder thingy rocks!

can't wait for the special decoder ring for us all! :laugh:

Well, in its current implementation, it kind of sucks really. What needs to happen is that people should be able to enter their box codes, and the brand/vitola of the box. Thus everyone can add to the database of information.

I gave up adding the pre-2000 box codes simply because I knew for the software to be truly useful, it'd need to be rewritten. Nothing else would be able to keep up with the ever-changing box codes and factory production.

I still may yet fix it up though, just need the time...

ah hell... I never get anything that old so forget the 2000 crap... :whistling:

WORKED LIKE A CHARM ON THE MONTE D. Now i need to order some more to see if they work. Man the things we do in the name of reasearch.