• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Consuegra bundles

If you are limited by number of sticks, your best savings is in getting premium sticks. You'll save, what, $30 tax on a bundle of connies? Or, save several hundred dollars on some Padrons and Fuentes.

also a good point, so what do you guys recomend?

Now, I'm thinking of buying 2 bundles of connies to try out, let them age in the cabinet humidor for a while, and then see if I like or not! Not wishing for them to turn into extra premiums, just into something decent to give to visitors that come to my house when I have people over. It just breaks my heart to give a premium isom to somebody who doesn't even apreciate a cigar.............you know?

With 50 cigars out of the way, what next? Padron 2k/3k? Padilla? Pepin?

I usually go for lager vitolas....maduro...any sugestions...places to buy that you know of?

Any info on those matters will be greatly apreciated!

With 50 cigars out of the way, what next? Padron 2k/3k? Padilla? Pepin?

I'm not a fan of the Padron 2/3k's so I'd take home a mix of the Padillas and Pepins.

Also, for me a lot of the fun in visiting a B&M is to see what's in stock and what is priced well. Most of my purchases are made on line -- I usually know what I want and it's usually just a matter of searching for the best price. On the other hand, whenever I visit an actual cigar shop I never enter with a set list of cigars I want to purchase. For me, the fun is making selections based on what I find. If I were you, I'd hold some spots open for these types of purchases. Just my $0.02. :)

As far as the connies go, I've had two seperate bundles, the first was very good, the second was fairly bad. I personally love the Padrons, so that is what I would spend money on, but I couldn't agree more with Steve, take a look around and see what you find.

I love those connie #9 maddies, but as has been stated, I wouldn't waste any of your 150 spots on them, as you can get the occassional bad bundle. Padrons, Fuentes, Pepins, LGC's would be my choice if I could only bring back 150 smokes.

Have fun and enjoy your trip!

My everyday cigar is usually a Connie in Maduro and either a #9, 14, 72 or 73. I have always been satisfied with them after 2 months of settling. You will get a plugged one once in a while. I believe that the other selling point for them is that in Maduro these cigars are rugged. They withstand handling, traveling, and a certain degree of environmental changes without damage.
As far as buying firsts is concerned look at Villazon's Sancha Panza lines and the Belinda Black. For products from the factory of Fuente look at Bauza and Montesino.
Have a great time.

Box of Padron 3000 maduro (26 cigars)
Box of AF Sungrown Belicoso (24 cigars)
Box of CAO Brazillias (20 cigars)
Box of Punch (or Punch #9 connies) (25 cigars)
Box of RP Sun Growns (20 cigars)
Box of high-end Fuentes for aging (Opus, Anejo, whatever you can find in Tampa) (20-25 cigars)
A few Edge singles

That's what I would get, if money wasn't tight and I was limited by number. Some great cheapies, some very good mid-range, and a box of super good Fuentes for aging and special occasions. The Sun Growns age well too.

You get what you pay for so do not expect greatness out of these cigars. That said I have had good experiences with the little Number 58s. The are a quick smoke but flavorful. I have found some larger twigs in mine but for the money I can deal with them.