• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cohiba Behike "overruns"

If the question is "How many did they make and sell outside of the original serial numbered packaging, the correct answer would be none. However, cigars were made and provided to Elie Blue (the makers of the humidor case the Behikes were delivered in) for size reference during the humidor design process.

Wilkey

If the question is "How many did they make and sell outside of the original serial numbered packaging, the correct answer would be none. However, cigars were made and provided to Elie Blue (the makers of the humidor case the Behikes were delivered in) for size reference during the humidor design process.

Wilkey

How in the world do you know this stuff??? :0

Wilkey

How in the world do you know this stuff??? :0

Who knows what mysteries lie in the hearts of habanos, fake habanos, and Habanos S.A.? Wilkey knows.

Bleh. When I read speculation, I pass it on as speculation. When I encounter information that I deem reliable, I try to pass that on as well.

I sure as hell don't have a genuine Behike and that's for damn sure. :p

Wilkey

If anyone is gullible enough to believe that they made only the exact number of cigars to be sold as a limited edition, I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn. There's quite a histroy of Habanos SA producing multiples of whatever they decide to make a limited edition. They handed these out to various people at the Festivale earlier this year and you can bet that they were not from the numbered humidors.

Ever seen the EL RyJ piramides?? Those were to be made for the second yearof Edicion Limitadas. I can't remember the reason, but they didn't make the cut and sold them later.

Now, I'm not saying these "Behikes" are from the same batch that Norma at El Laguito rolled specifically for the numbered humidors, but they are for sure a Cohiba blend and were made not only with high quality tobacco, but were rolled by someone with a pretty high level of skill.

Once again, make no mistake, I am NOT shilling these for vitasea. But, in the interest of everyone here who knows the history, I told Doug (vitasea) that I would tell the truth about whatever it is he sends me and these things are a high note.

Oh and like Wilkey, I have no real Behike to compare these to and probably never will. So, take it for what it's worth.

Interesting... Where do the real Cuban overruns end up... considering they are producing excess of 150million cigars a year there most a ton.

Interesting... Where do the real Cuban overruns end up... considering they are producing excess of 150million cigars a year there most a ton.

Ahhhh, the mystery of "where are all the Cuban 'seconds' "

Let's hear some theories about this, guys.

Wilkey

Ahhhh, the mystery of "where are all the Cuban 'seconds' "

Let's hear some theories about this, guys.

Wilkey

Vitasea, of course...Duh! :sign:

And the security guard at the new H. Upmann factory who just so happens to be the twin brother of the cousin of a very good friend of a spanish speaking janitor at the University I go to...

He always gets the best stuff and is totally reliable, you should see how bright the Cello Garantia glows under blacklight :cool:

And no, Im not hooking anyone up cause discussion of sources is strictly forbidden.

CYG

There are fewer and fewer seconds nowadays with the new quality control. Most tobacco not used will be recycled into machine made cigars or cigarettes. Overruns is a bad word to use for regular production cigars, as there really aren't any extras. There are seconds or cigars that have problems, but like I said, the majority would be recycled into other products or sold locally. If you make too many, they just get boxed into the regular production. Now, when a special cigar is made for limited release, they obviously have some "extras". Historically the good ones of these are given out as testing cigars or as gifts. Thus, why you'll here of vendors or collectors having things prior to the actual release date of the limited products. It's all in the marketing of the limited products. They need samples out there to sell the product, but would not want to break apart complete limited products to do so.