• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Choosing the right box codes

lucasbuck said:
For my taste they are incredible smokes with just a year of box age. Maybe I've just been lucky but the RE is quite possibly the best young cigar I've ever smoked. Still I would go with the oldest box code for sure.
[snapback]259891[/snapback]​

That is the same experience I had with the 3 packs so I don't think I can do anything that wrong :thumbs: but older box is the way its going to be. Thanks for your input.

The Master said:
ML237, is there a reason that you have chosen such a small font to post with?
[snapback]260290[/snapback]​

Sorry Harris, but is there a problem with the size of my font? From what I can see it looks the same as everyones.

Great King Rat said:
It would be nice to buy one from each factory and than compare. However, I do not think it matters that much; same tobacco but different factory. I do not have much experience but I do know that age would make the biggest delta. From the dates I see I would get the youngest if you wanted to smoke some right away – anything less than 6 months old. Cigars from 04 might be in there sick period. Furthermore, robustos suppose to stay in sick period longer. Therefore, longer wait before you truly taste the cigar. On the other hand you could have a box from 04 that is coming out of its sick period. This is the ideal situation I think. Few months rest from the trip you can dive in.

If I where you, I would go with the Jun 04 box.

Than again what do I know, I am just a newb. :laugh:
[snapback]259451[/snapback]​

That's very true... :laugh:

Great King Rat said:
Thank you for the encouragement.
[snapback]260633[/snapback]​

It doesn't really appear you need that - you're doing just fine on your own... :D

Got'ya! I have to admit that doing the searches on "Sick periods" resulted in more questions & uncertainties then straightforward answers as you stated above -not an exact science at all.

I figure that going with well aged box should do the trick with repeated & continuous testing to research the matter first hand :D

Yep, your statement above is true.

Enjoy them RE's