• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

cheap humidors

I think that starting out, the coolidor (or wine chiller) is the way to go. Holds a ton and easy to maintain with RH Beads :thumbs:

If you want a desktop down the road for storing your "go to" smokes or dry boxing, then you can pick up an inexpensive (not synonymous with cheap) desktop.

Hope this helps
~Mark

i really appreciate all the advice, this is a great website. thanks again :cool:

I think that starting out, the coolidor (or wine chiller) is the way to go. Holds a ton and easy to maintain with RH Beads :thumbs:

If you want a desktop down the road for storing your "go to" smokes or dry boxing, then you can pick up an inexpensive (not synonymous with cheap) desktop.

Hope this helps
~Mark

My 300 count was from Mark. If you get a desktop and a cooler, you can't go wrong with him. He's aces all the way.

Among my far too many humidors I have a claimed 300-count 2 drawer unit that I purchase on ebay for $35. Including shipping it cost <$60 to my door. (Humidification/hygrometer inc.)

I have to say, I am very satisfied with this unit. It is composition board, but seemingly fully-lined with a cedar veneer (Is it Spanish cedar? Damned if I know - it sure looks and smells like what is in my other boxes). It has good size (9" giants either way as opposed to just lengthwise) and holds consistent humidity in every section (tray, box, two drawers). It is a very attractive burl finish unit, which receives favorable comment.

Sure it only holds around 200 cigars, but unless you smoke nothing but panetelas, you always knock 30-40% from claimed capacity.

I don't think I'll ever be buying all my cigars in boxes. Having deep 18" wide drawers where I can stack 4 Churchills in 2 linear inches allows a display of 9 or 10 brands per drawer

It looks good, it works good, it even smells good and it holds +/- 200 cigars - all for $35.

Maybe it is a bad deal, but you would have to tell me why.

(Where do you keep your coolerdors? Does this make an attractive addition to decor?)

i really appreciate all the advice, this is a great website. thanks again :cool:

I think he's politely telling us to shut up now :D

nah, never. This coolidor is awesome, the sticky on 'coolidor 101' is very very helpful. Nothing like opening that baby up and smelling good smokes and cedar :D

Yeah, you think this place is great huh? Then why do you think it's ok to come in here and insult established members?

I think he's politely telling us to shut up now :D

nah, never. This coolidor is awesome, the sticky on 'coolidor 101' is very very helpful. Nothing like opening that baby up and smelling good smokes and cedar :D

Yeah, you think this place is great huh? Then why do you think it's ok to come in here and insult established members?

nm