• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Calling out bfreebern

I was in my late 30's. I was sharp as a tack back then. There was actually a board before this that crashed or the host dumped the info. Maybe Tod can verify. I want to say 1999? 2000 for sure. I started smoking premium hand rolled cigars in 1998. Cinco Vegas baby!

I remember the hand written checks for payments. Pictures had to be downloaded to a host bucket site. We were determined back then.
Cinco Vegas! I smoked a few of those back in the early 2000’s. Puros Indios, Carlos Toranos Exodus, CAO Brazilia were staples.

Brandon - it’s been a pleasure interacting with you over the years, my man!

Not to put you on the spot, but - what would say are the top few things you’ve learned over the years, and how has your taste in cigars changed?

I was in my late 30's. I was sharp as a tack back then. There was actually a board before this that crashed or the host dumped the info. Maybe Tod can verify. I want to say 1999? 2000 for sure. I started smoking premium hand rolled cigars in 1998. Cinco Vegas baby!

I remember the hand written checks for payments. Pictures had to be downloaded to a host bucket site. We were determined back then.
lol! That's why I made that comment. I remember us splitting a box of CORO in 2007 and you asking me if you could mail me a check for your half, because PayPal was too difficult for you to figure out. 🙂

Now it's 2024 and here we are with smart TV's.

lol! That's why I made that comment. I remember us splitting a box of CORO in 2007 and you asking me if you could mail me a check for your half, because PayPal was too difficult for you to figure out. 🙂

Now it's 2024 and here we are with smart TV's.
It wasn't to hard... I was afraid of that shit. I had been mailing checks for payments for decades. Once it cleared for the amount I wrote it for... I thought I was good. Internet and hacking kept me using pen and paper. I stayed away from Facebook for years too. Bulletin boards or bust baby!

Brandon - it’s been a pleasure interacting with you over the years, my man!

Not to put you on the spot, but - what would say are the top few things you’ve learned over the years, and how has your taste in cigars changed?

Don't stress. Things swing during seasons, but it always evens out. Smoke what you like, no matter how much shit you might get from others.
Cuban cigars are great, but they aren't worth the hassle anymore. A lot of great NC cigars out there. I saved cigars, when I was a newer cigar smoker. Always for a special occasion. Reading through the Friends Remembered post, Brian #1 was always right. There isn't a better time to enjoy those special cigars, than now. I'll stop for now 😂

When I joined, I enjoyed Onyx Reserve, RyJ Reserva Real, CAO Criollo (first one knocked me on my ass), etc. I don't think I've had any of those in years. I've also learned over the years, that even though it seems strange to say, people you meet over a shared interest/cigar board really do become a huge part of your life. People come and go, you might go and come back, but you're always welcomed back regardless of how long you've been gone. Check on your friends, you never know what they might be going through and that PM you send, might just make their day.

It's honestly still strange to me, to have been here for 20 years. That amount of time, just doesn't register for some reason. My brain still thinks I'm 25 and in just another short 20 years, who knows. I need to find something, to make this time slow down.

How do you old people do it 🤪

Last edited:
It wasn't to hard... I was afraid of that shit. I had been mailing checks for payments for decades. Once it cleared for the amount I wrote it for... I thought I was good. Internet and hacking kept me using pen and paper. I stayed away from Facebook for years too. Bulletin boards or bust baby!
I don't believe you!