• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Boveda recharge

I place the bovedas is a lock&lock container with a stable water vessel.
Only one humidity level at a time. I sort of stand them on their sides, so both sides exposed. Works like a champ.

Finally came around , ended up adding more water guess it just took longer then I was expecting, thanks for the great info will be experimenting with the methods listed in the future.

hi guys,

I’m new here. I’ve learned a lot from this forum, a lot of great threads!

I live in a place where RH is 85%, so my Bóveda packs work hard to keep humidity down. I assume that the recharging procedure you describe, charges the bóveda with humidity, since most of you live in dry places.

In mi case it’s the other way around… so can I charge them again?

hi guys,

I’m new here. I’ve learned a lot from this forum, a lot of great threads!

I live in a place where RH is 85%, so my Bóveda packs work hard to keep humidity down. I assume that the recharging procedure you describe, charges the bóveda with humidity, since most of you live in dry places.

In mi case it’s the other way around… so can I charge them again?
Interesting… I have no clue if this works as I am like most, I use them to humidify vs dehumidify, and I also just buy new ones, but perhaps in your case, maybe putting them in a bag with dry white rice to dry them out a bit would do the trick? Maybe don’t leave them in there until they get hard, but long enough to where they will start pulling moisture out again.

Or… you could do a swap with someone on here, you send fully charged ones and someone sends you dry ones… 😂

I live in SW Florida and have recharged quite a few Bovedas. I guess also it depends on what kind of humidor you have. If it is leaky, you will have to play with the Bovedas more often. My thermoelectrics and tupperdores are basically airtight, so the Bovedas last a loooooong time. Just my experience…

Also, you should check in on the “New Members Introductions” thread and let us know a little bit about yourself and what you like to smoke…

I fill up a tupperware container with distilled water and dumped them in it directly. 3 days on the medium pack. Leave some little chunky bits inside or you'll overcharge it. Been doing it to the same Boveda packs for years and years no problems.

Last edited: