• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bolivar Belicosos Finos opinions

alexgtp passed these out on CP's first annual herf.
thought they were good but since then the others
i have sampled didn't come close.

I have a box from aug 05 that I've been patiently sitting on, was planning to give em 3 full years before crackin open but in light of this thread I will have to try one soon. I've had a few in the past I found them very powerful and flavourful, best enjoyed after a big meal.

It always depends where one gets them( grade A, B or C) and how long they are aged. Internet sales are usually around grade C but im not 100% sur about that.LCDH guarantees A grade cigars.

It always depends where one gets them( grade A, B or C) and how long they are aged. Internet sales are usually around grade C but im not 100% sur about that.LCDH guarantees A grade cigars.

While I agree, to a point, about aging (though I've had pretty good luck determining the potential of a cigar by smoking it young), I wonder where your ideas about grades and sources come from. Personally, I don't buy it.

There are not great cigars that come from Casas, fantastic ones that come from legitimate internet vendors, and everything in between.

IMO, vintage (by this I don't mean age, per se, but the timeframe in which the tobacco was grown and rolled) and storage conditions are major determinants in overall cigar quality.

I've smoked plenty of BBFs over the years - some pretty good, and some not so good - but they just don't tend to ring my bell. Just not the blend for me, I guess.

I'll keep trying though. :)

alexgtp passed these out on CP's first annual herf.
thought they were good but since then the others
i have sampled didn't come close.

Ahh yes..I remember that night and that smoke very well. Those were great smokes. As I recall they were right at a year old and still an experience to remember.

I've never had a BBF I didn't like. :thumbs:

Huh? To my knowledge there are no "grades" of cubans. My understanding is that any Montecristo No. 2, for example, that makes it into a factory sealed box has passed the factory QC, is up to the company's standards, and is the same as any other factory sealed Montecristo No. 2.

And why would there be a difference between a cigar bought on the internet and one bought in person at a B&M? Often, these are one in the same.

- Tim

Do you even know what you are talking about?

I heard from a friend of mine that the best cigar of 2007 this year was picked as the Bolivar Belicoso Fino. Of course, after hearing this I had to get my hands on a box, and after a couple weeks I did :-) I lit one up and it was kinda like smoking a piece of heaven. The heavy underlying wood taste was like none other I had experienced before, and well, it was awesome.

Now this is the only cuban I have yet to have the privelege of smoking, but in comparison to y'alls personal favorites, how does it rank? I'd just like to get the opinion of a few guys and well, maybe some opinions on a "better" smoke for me to order one day. So. let's hear it...
I'm just finishing one from '07 now and it was very good. The last bit is outstanding! Starts somewhat woody(cedar?) but with vanilla and cocoa in the mix. And it has a strong "twang". It got better as I went. Perhaps the best beli I've tried from '07. The Party Shorts and PLPCs are very good from '07, though. Also, the Boli PCs.

Just cracked open a cabinet from Aug 05...absolutely terrific! Strong yet smooth, woody and grassy, great oily wrapper and a perfect draw. One of Cuba's finest imho.