• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Avo Heritage Robusto

chiefmd

Bone Fixer
Avo Heritage Robusto. (4.9 x 50). Dominican with Ecuador wrapper. Picked this little puppy up last night at the local B&M upon recommendation from the manager.

Some people say they are similar to Davidoff. I haven't smoked enough Davidoffs to give an accurate answer to that.

A lot of spice at the beginning with some complex favors. Some leather notes. The flavors kicked in during the second 1/3. While this was a good smoke I'm not sure I would pick it up again as nothing really caught my interest. I'll have to revisit it to make a final call.

I've enjoyed the smaller (corona to PC size) AVO XO that I've smoked, but wasn't terribly enamored of the heritage either.

My favorite AVO is actually his LE Campanero...but from his regular line of cigars I think the XO always makes a great light smoke and the Heritage would be my second favorite as it has a nice kick for an evening or afternoon cigar. AVOs are definitely quality sticks, but are pricey. In terms of a similar taste to Davidoffs...while they are both H. Kelner blends, I think they are different enough from the Davidoff line that people would not confuse the two.

I consider myself an AVO slut, but I don't care for the Heritage much at all. I think that they will be a lot better with age. Aged AVO's are to die for good. I really enjoy the AVO Signature series, and 787's.
My favorite by far is the AVO 22, followed up by the 77.

Jason