• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Are these real?

biggestmexi

HAi gAiYZ,

I just have a simple request and I will get out of your hair again.

My boss brought me these back from Mexico. Are they fakers?

DSC03037.jpg

DSC03048.jpg

I believe his Yes was in response to your question of "Are these fakers?"

They are indeed fake. Easiest way of telling is to look at the Habanos SA website and see that they did not in fact make an LE for Cohiba in 2008. Second dead give away is the Glass top box.

If you want to learn more about cigars, how to tell real from fake, not to mention developing some great friendships then I would suggest sticking around getting more involved here at CP and read, lots and lots of reading.

What Napa said.

Another thing and anyone could spot this without even asking the question here... the bands on each cigar look different from one to the other. Some have a white space above the COHIBA, some don't. On the middle and right one COHIBA isn't even centered. Man they didn't even try with these!

Is that an attempt at a triple-cap I see?? :laugh:

Wow! Cut one of those bad boys open and let us take a look at the guts. I would like to see it. Wow!

The grifters, conmen, and counterfeiters of the Mexican border towns and resorts LIVE for (and by) people like your boss.

Worst fakes I've seen in ages. Not even CLOSE.

~Boar

Oh my, yes. That holographic sticker is hilarious, and the clasp looks like it would suit my grandmothers chest of drawers.

Oh my, yes. That holographic sticker is hilarious, and the clasp looks like it would suit my grandmothers chest of drawers.

The funny part is that's the most alarmingly accurate part of the whole presentation, it seems like the rays of light are overemphasized and under flash the reflective pieces are wrong, other than that it's pretty damn close.

The rest of the whole thing is queerer than a three dollar bill with a picture of Stalin on the front and Lincoln on the back.

Not to mention the glass top 3 pack! :laugh:

The bands are so bad...wow! Not even a noble attempt to make them look legit.

haha -- most amusing fakes I've seen in a while. I knew they were fake as soon as I saw "boss" and "Mexico", but watching the images load made it all the more enjoyable. :)