• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Are these real Cuban Monte Cristos?

100% fake....Cubans never come wrapped in the plastic like that (and no, it is not done by the retailers either).

These cigars may be fake,xxxxxxxx several boxes from an indisputably legit merchant that were shrink-wrapped by the merchant before shipping. xxxxxxxxx.

I'm not sure you want to admit to that on the internet.

Some may say who cares...some may be concerned.

[quote name='Smok'em' post='722481' date='Sep 9 2008, 11:18 AM']Mike, as for shrink wrapping, I have received cigars this way. I honestly believe them to be real (don't we all). Don't mean to hijack, but I be curious if other opinions agree that no retailer shrink wraps for shipping.[/quote]

These cigars may be fake, but I bought several boxes from an indisputably legit merchant that were shrink-wrapped by the merchant before shipping. I have since stopped using this merchant for reasons unrelated to quality or authenticity of product.

I stand corrected. This is the first I have heard of vendors doing this. I should have been more clear though in my original post. That kind of wrapping looks as if it is sealed at a factory...not merely wrapped and taped up. The packaging shown in the photos looks like the kind you would see on a DVD, not a hand-applied wrap.

[quote name='Mike33' post='722733' date='Sep 9 2008, 07:19 PM'][quote name='Smok'em' post='722481' date='Sep 9 2008, 11:18 AM']Mike, as for shrink wrapping, I have received cigars this way. I honestly believe them to be real (don't we all). Don't mean to hijack, but I be curious if other opinions agree that no retailer shrink wraps for shipping.[/quote]

These cigars may be fake, but I bought several boxes from an indisputably legit merchant that were shrink-wrapped by the merchant before shipping. I have since stopped using this merchant for reasons unrelated to quality or authenticity of product.

I stand corrected. This is the first I have heard of vendors doing this. I should have been more clear though in my original post. That kind of wrapping looks as if it is sealed at a factory...not merely wrapped and taped up. The packaging shown in the photos looks like the kind you would see on a DVD, not a hand-applied wrap.
[/quote]

I think we have to ask melee....they seem machine wrapped. They last photo appears to be the seal.

[quote name='grateful1' post='722740' date='Sep 9 2008, 06:43 PM'][quote name='Mike33' post='722733' date='Sep 9 2008, 07:19 PM'][quote name='Smok'em' post='722481' date='Sep 9 2008, 11:18 AM']Mike, as for shrink wrapping, I have received cigars this way. I honestly believe them to be real (don't we all). Don't mean to hijack, but I be curious if other opinions agree that no retailer shrink wraps for shipping.[/quote]

[/quote]

I think we have to ask melee....they seem machine wrapped. They last photo appears to be the seal.
[/quote]

Exactly what I was trying to say, I just wasn't specific enough I guess.

All my fake CC's come shrink wrapped.......

Don't yours? :whistling: :laugh:

[quote name='Mike33' post='722733' date='Sep 9 2008, 07:19 PM'][quote name='Smok'em' post='722481' date='Sep 9 2008, 11:18 AM']Mike, as for shrink wrapping, I have received cigars this way. I honestly believe them to be real (don't we all). Don't mean to hijack, but I be curious if other opinions agree that no retailer shrink wraps for shipping.[/quote]

[/quote]

http://www.officezone.com/shrtunnl.htm

Shrink wrap machines are fairly commonplace these days.

[quote name='grateful1' post='722740' date='Sep 9 2008, 04:43 PM'][quote name='Mike33' post='722733' date='Sep 9 2008, 07:19 PM'][quote name='Smok'em' post='722481' date='Sep 9 2008, 11:18 AM']Mike, as for shrink wrapping, I have received cigars this way. I honestly believe them to be real (don't we all). Don't mean to hijack, but I be curious if other opinions agree that no retailer shrink wraps for shipping.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was going to ask him questions last week, but he has taken the post down...