• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyway to preserve a partially smoked cigar?

I have a friend who is a cigar-saver. To be honest, I don't know how he does it. I tried it awhile ago and it was just awful. I personally would suggest going to small cigars in tins or la perla sized cigars. So many to choose from:

Fuente cubanitos, AVO puritos, CAO & RyJ has a ton of them, Padron (coritcos? forget the name), sancho panza...

La perlas: Don pepin black label, LFD premium machateros..

For a short strong smoke I like the Cohiba tins the Greycliff scooters the Partagas black tins and I think it is famous-smoke shop that sells La Gloria Cubana Maduro tins.

Another vote here for the Don Pepin Black Perlas. These are excellent smokes and very flavorful. I've never actually timed the smoke, but it isn't that long compared to many other vitolas. There are a lot of very good smokes in this size range, especially now. Experimentation is your friend.

I guess you could try to suck down a Power Ranger in 15-20 minutes, but you might end up on the floor...

That is exactly what it means, after about the third, "honey, how much longer are you going to be?", I usually just relent and re-assume my station within the relationship! So now that I know the correct solution is shorter cigars, what are some of everyones favorite short ones? I like robust cigars and since I only ususally smoke after dinner on the weekends (2 or 3 each week), I do not mind dropping some coin on something very good, recommendations? I know Kingantz told me he enjoys AF Hemingway Short Stories. I believe I saw some Padron 1926 #35's at the B&M store last weekend. How about Opus?
How about the LF Chiselito.Nice,strong little smoke there.

The methods previously mentioned seem to be the norm. I will say that I think some smokes re-light better than others.
I had some illusiones that were in the ashtray in my garage for at least a week minimum. I relit one, and it had no carbon/acrid taste at all. it was good, but differant than the fresh taste. I smoked it to the nub, and then the others as well. I found it quite remakable, and wonder if the time or the tobacco.
Excellent for your cigar budget. If you can smoke a stick left in your ashtray for one week, you can smoke anything! :laugh:

Brian

All kidding aside, I'm going to try this again with this brand. Normally I can't smoke re lights, but this was totally unique experience.

Sorry guys! :blush: Perhaps I shouldn't admit this but ... I relight fairly often, brushing off the old ash, blowing out the stale smoke and relighting. Honestly, I usually don't find it too offensive, in fact it is often very good.
As for multiple day old nubs, even I am not that desperate!