• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A friend is headed overseas, and asked if I wanted anything...

Of course if you're talking about cigars from the "forbidden island" they are illegal to posses by an American citizen, here or abroad. As an American citizen, you're not supposed to purchase products from that island and your location doesn't matter. While risks when abroad are very small, chances of confiscation at customs in the US is high, and the penalties can be painful. Be aware of the risks and make an informed choice.

Frankly, when I cross international borders, I travel 109% legit. It's not as friendly out there as it used to be..... :whistling:

Food for thought - B.B.S.

My friend is Canadian, but lives here in the States. Does that make it legal for him to travel with a personal Cuban cigar stash? or can customs still take his smokes? He travels with a Canadian passport...

He cannot legally bring Cuban cigars into the USA. It doesn't matter where you are from.
Now isn't that just crazy. Traveling through, stopping for 2 nights, foreign passport...just weird.

In the mean time, I hope the poor sods are ok in Cuba with Ike, damn, it doesn't look pretty.

Brian

Of course if you're talking about cigars from the "forbidden island" they are illegal to posses by an American citizen, here or abroad. As an American citizen, you're not supposed to purchase products from that island and your location doesn't matter. While risks when abroad are very small, chances of confiscation at customs in the US is high, and the penalties can be painful. Be aware of the risks and make an informed choice.

Frankly, when I cross international borders, I travel 109% legit. It's not as friendly out there as it used to be..... :whistling:

My friend is Canadian, but lives here in the States. Does that make it legal for him to travel with a personal Cuban cigar stash? or can customs still take his smokes? He travels with a Canadian passport...

He cannot legally bring Cuban cigars into the USA. It doesn't matter where you are from.
Now isn't that just crazy. Traveling through, stopping for 2 nights, foreign passport...just weird.

In the mean time, I hope the poor sods are ok in Cuba with Ike, damn, it doesn't look pretty.

Brian

Yup. On my way to Vegas when I drove down I was asked about the origin of some unbanded cigars. If they really wanted they could have taken them away from me just on suspicion.

The goddamn embargo is ridiculous.