• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

High End, Retail, or Conversion?

Thaks brother, i did look at that one, but it seems over kill for 7 CuFt, the gel beads is 100% the way to go, if I get one of the smaller units I will tear apart the water cartridge, remove the foam, use the beads, and the silver stuff added to the water.
What gel beads??? I don't believe I've heard of using those in these bigger humidification units.

I REALLY didn't need to see this thread, as I'm thinking to myself that I may need to build myself a bigger humidor. Jerk! Things that cannot be unseen. Now I'm searing FB marketplace for a vintage fridge.

I picked that up in 2018 for $100, have about $75 into it right now, but the shelves and humidity control will add up fast

I REALLY didn't need to see this thread, as I'm thinking to myself that I may need to build myself a bigger humidor. Jerk! Things that cannot be unseen. Now I'm searing FB marketplace for a vintage fridge.
Same! 😩

Thaks brother, i did look at that one, but it seems over kill for 7 CuFt, the gel beads is 100% the way to go, if I get one of the smaller units I will tear apart the water cartridge, remove the foam, use the beads, and the silver stuff added to the water.
It would definitely be overkill for that humidor and take up too much room.

I mentioned more for if you went the hutch route. But, I imagine this point you're too deep to want to go another way.

Reactions: MX
What gel beads??? I don't believe I've heard of using those in these bigger humidification units.
Super absorbent polymers. That little pouch in the link is about the size of a dollar bill folded in half. Saturated with distilled water, they expand enough to fill about a 10 or 12 cup container.

If I can find some more info on the Le Viel, I might lean that way.
Beyond that 2nd goes to Accumoniter.

I am having the bottom shelf left short for the Accumoniter water can

One more time going to bring this back from the dead.

I have done ZERO work on this since I started the thread and this one here, where I was obviously high!

I have reached out to Warhorse LTD, and I am waiting on his quotes for shelves, I just don't think I can do business with the "other" guy.
I will edit this post in a few with pics, but understand, all the work, the very little work, I am going to pull out and re-do, I want to ad a layer of plastic behind the Luan, and then double the Luan, and I might move the outlet as well, have to see if that will work out in real life like it is in my head.

My next hurdle is humification, it is just under 7 cubic feet total volume. My current choices are.

Le Veil
Cigar Oasis Plus 3.0
Hydra LG
Humi Care
Avallo

Anyone have reviews, recommendations, or suggestions, I am all ears!
I will be using beads as well on all levels too

View attachment 81912

Not sure the "other guy" is still open for business...

Reactions: MX
This is a very cool project. Please keep us updated as you go. I’m a big fan of the Humi-Care. I bought one back in December for my Aristocrat Mini. I pulled out the green floral foam (which got moldy after a few months) and put in Prestige Import 70% Crystal Gel Beads from Amazon. I refill it with distilled water every five or six weeks. The literature says says "up to 8 cubic ft” and my Aristocrat Mini is a little over 2.5 cubic feet. I bought one of the humi care auxiliary fans and the humidity is kept solid. You can plug in up to three fans. This is a week’s worth of humidity readings (note the hygrometer reads -3%). This is also a testament to the Aristocrat construction. Good luck!

IMG_3191.jpeg