• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe

I use the mason jars for a reason.  When added hot they seal tight and will last for a year or so.  

Not that any do around me.  :whistling:

DG

Diesel Grinch said:
Gary you sold me out.  WTF!!!

Might have to make a trip down to show you a few new flavors.  Got butter rum, root beer, butterscotch and a few more.  If your nice I'll let you try a few before the next Quad.

DG
Where the hell have you been? I gave you all the credit as my 'shine' mentor!

I also make a peach version all the time, I put up a recipe here for that one too.

I saw some mixed reviews online for the root beer version, some people liked it, some didn't...so I haven't tried it yet until I find a quality root beer extract. That seems to be the key to it along with how much you use.

None of what I make lasts that long around here. We either drink it or I give it away within a month or two.

Sorry I thought I replied....

It was very good and a bit smoother than the first time I had it.

Paul

Made some of this last night. I didn't have the cinnamon sticks though. I used half a gallon of each juice and added a 750 ml of everclear. Damn that stuff is strong. I haven't tasted it chilled yet. Anyone else think it was too strong?

chiefmd said:
Made some of this last night. I didn't have the cinnamon sticks though. I used half a gallon of each juice and added a 750 ml of everclear. Damn that stuff is strong. I haven't tasted it chilled yet. Anyone else think it was too strong?

My wife did, but it will mellow out as it ages a bit.

Just had 2 wisdom teeth pulled, thinking I will my last 2 jars to self medicate

chiefmd said:
Made some of this last night. I didn't have the cinnamon sticks though. I used half a gallon of each juice and added a 750 ml of Everclear. Damn that stuff is strong. I haven't tasted it chilled yet. Anyone else think it was too strong?

I can honestly say I haven't experienced it as being too strong in that ratio...must be because of the scotch & bourbon I drink!  :whistling:

A buddy of mine said the same thing and I advised him to add a little distilled water to the batch...and that worked perfectly for him & his wife. 

lol.  I have a version that I call hard apple pie.  I cut down on the apple cider and apple juice but keep the EC at full bottle.  Has a little bit of a kick to it.

DG

Pardon the pun, I can see trouble brewing after my wife finds me doing this. Well, ya gotta die sometime pilgrim.

Something nice about sitting out by a fire in the fall with a cigar or 2 and drinking a mason jar or so of apple pie.

DG 

Diesel Grinch said:
Something nice about sitting out by a fire in the fall with a cigar or 2 and drinking a mason jar or so of apple pie.

DG 

It sure is Chris....the only problem I see is being able to feel my lips if I drank an entire jar. :whistling:

This batch is done and now it's onto the peach next weekend. What were the other versions you were telling me about when you were here?  

A whole host of flavors.  These are small batches when I make them.  I did root beer, butter scotch, & butter rum.  I have a few more that I haven't made up yet.

DG

I think I need to pour out the last 2 jars I have from last year, not sure how the apple slice will hold up over that time....

this year need to do a peach I think, was that posted?

T

MX said:
I think I need to pour out the last 2 jars I have from last year, not sure how the apple slice will hold up over that time....

T
Sitting in everclear, I'd imagine it is pretty well preserved. [emoji106]

However, I ain't brave enough to try it....just saying.

MX said:

T
No problem! Give it a taste...,

Yeah, I posted the peach version as well. I'm making that one this weekend.

Back