• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Xikar Lighter Fail

ottobon100

My Xikar butane lighter has failed me. Won't accept butane anymore even after purging and the spark is barely there even if enough gas could get through. Contacted Xikar for warranty repair or replacement on Wednesday and after a couple hours got back "Your return request has been received and our warranty team is reviewing it. You will receive an email once your request is approved or rejected". So far no response after that. Anyone else have a problem with their warranty?

Attachments

• IMG_8022.JPG
    IMG_8022.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Sad
Reactions: MX
You and me both Rod. Gave up on the fancy big name lighters many years ago. The cheapie table torches for two bucks work great and while traveling I use a tiny bic style disposable torch.

I actually stopped buying expensive lighters some time ago, and use cheap torch lighters. Oddly, the cheap ones seem to last a long time and perform quite well...
....this, 104%. Oh, I get it, wanting a nice looking lighter when you're rolling the Ferrari and burning a Cohiba seems natural, but I don't have to worry about that,,,,:) Kidding aside, over time it never fails that the cheap ones are the ones that hang in there for many refills. Had an OG Blazer that worked great for over a decade until I tried some advanced jet cleaning on it. Oops.....

Best I've used - The Vertigo and the Eagle. Work every time, period. When they don't, they get pitched. Got 'em both in my cigar tools, use one or both every day:

....none of which is much help to you for your Xikar issues. Best of luck there, hope it works out.

Without going into the long backstory, I got a free Xikar Ion. What a piece of crap! It’s basically unusable because I can’t turn it down far enough to be less than a three inch “flame” or it goes out. Meanwhile, my 2-for-$14 Amazon torches have been flawless!

My Xikar butane lighter has failed me. Won't accept butane anymore even after purging and the spark is barely there even if enough gas could get through. Contacted Xikar for warranty repair or replacement on Wednesday and after a couple hours got back "Your return request has been received and our warranty team is reviewing it. You will receive an email once your request is approved or rejected". So far no response after that. Anyone else have a problem with their warranty?

While I have never used Xikar's actual warranty process, I had a single flame that would not run right at my elevation, so I took it to a Xikar dealer, and they just swapped it out for a dual flame, that lasted for about 14 years!

Please update as you move through the process. This thread has the chance to provide very useful insight for the next person that has an issue.

T

Well if you look at my picture of the lighter it isn't a top of the line Xikar. More near the lower priced ones that I have had for maybe 7 or 8 years. I did just get a response this afternoon from Xikar with an RMA Packing Slip. Email stated it takes 4-6 weeks to process! Oh well I'm good as long as they repair or replace it. I do have several other lighters similar to those mentioned above as well as an older Xikar that has performed flawlessly. Will post an update when I know more.