• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's a good Tubo to give as xmas gifts?

cuppajack

I would like to give a few of my friends a Cuban when we get together for out annual Christmas party, but I'm not sure what to give.

I need 5, and would like them to be tubos in case my friends (who are only occasional smokers) don't get a chance to smoke them for a couple of weeks or a month. The tricky part is my friends range in preference and experience from smoking only very occasionally (when I toss sticks there way) and preferring mild bodied smokes, to a more regular smoker who likes the fuller, more complex smokes.

Anything that would be a "magic bullet" for everyone?

I have a hook-up for some little cubans

But I think they are too big to fit in a Glass tube..

portrait_of_dr_baby_little_girls.jpg

H. Upmann Coronas Majors. Partagas Deluxe.

A few months is pushing it though, even for unopened tubos.

Wilkey

I totally forgot about the H. Upmann marque. It's been a long time since I've seen these... But that's a great suggestion!

Thanks everyone who chimed in.

How about a Cohiba Siglo II T/A.

Might be a little less intimidating to a non-cigar smoker as opposed to a Siglo IV.

I would personally go with the Sig II's......not too powerful but kinda pricey IMO. Another one to look at, even though I haven't tried the tubed version, is the RyJ Short Churchill. Some think these need some age, but to me, they are pretty damn good right now.

One of my first ISOM was a RyJ Churchill tubo given to me as a gift from a friend who went to study in Spain for a couple years. He gave them to me in a tube for that very reason he was not sure I had a humi or if I would smoke it right away. ;)

A tube IS NOT a humidity device.

Leave it in a normal room for more than a few weeks... you will have a dryed out crappy cigar to smoke.

I have 3 tubos i am handing out"

Cohiba Sig II (a bit pricey agreed).
RyJ #3 (nice and mild for non regular smokers)
H.Uppman Coronas major (Solid cgar easy to find with age)

:thumbs:

Pretty hard to beat the Upmann corona major on price, availability, and decent flavor. :D