• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Trinidad Fundadore

fetterjohn

Non-active but active and lurking!
This is my second Trinidad Fundadore and have to say that the look and smell of this cigar is F'ing fantastic. When I clipped the head and took the initial draw I new I was in for some problems (super, not VERY tight draw) but I prepped the foot and lit away! It was hard to get started but the flavor...OH the flavor...was outstanding! :D Gotta give it to this cigar...such fantastic taste. But after I lit it, it really never wanted to open up. So about 1/2 inch into it...it got a heat run. About a half inch up one side just ignited...but I couldn't draw through the thing...so I tried to massage it and light the other side but nothing. So I sat it down for a few minutes and it went out. Picked it back up and tried to re-light it. Difficult. So I did the unthinkable...I took my trusty Xikar and cut about 1 inch off of it to try to eliminate the bad section (crying). And you know what...from that point out it was perfect. Not great...but perfect! OH MAN!! What a great cigar. Medium bodied heaven! I think that if this particular vilota never had any draw issues it would quite possibly by my favorite cigar...ever.

Now to the tasting.

Very pronounced leather and earth with a hint of pepper and sugar. The best thing about this cigar is that it is so smooth...no harshness at all...even after the attempts to suck through the the plug. No tarriness or bitterness.

I can't say that there was perfect construction but after I cut it, it went quite smoothly. These do need about 1-2 years of age on them to make them fantastic and to release the pressure of the plug. But overall...a great smoke that really needs to mature and smoke when older.

That's it.

-Fetter

Had a Reyes last night... I like Trinis, smooth, tasty... but somewhat uninteresting, IMHO... but I tent to like stronger cigars.

Funadores have been hit and miss for me. I do have a couple from 98 left and they are dead on. They seem to be darker in color than the previous ones.

Agreed. Fresh ones aren't very impressive, but a fundadore with a couple years on it is a treat indeed.

the trinidad funadores is one of my favorites also like the cohiba lanceros. both used as offical gifts by the cuban gov and are the same size,with the pig tale end

i'll send you one of each fetter as i think you got a bad one

vitasea said:
the trinidad funadores is one of my favorites also like the cohiba lanceros. both used as offical gifts by the cuban gov and are the same size,with the pig tale end

[snapback]248162[/snapback]​

988.jpg

vitasea said:

Actually, according to Habanos SA, the Lancero is a No. 1 (factory vitola) with a 38 ring gauge. The Trinidad Fundadores is 7 5/8 inches by 40 ring gauge. Close, but not the same vitola.

That said, both are fantastic smokes. I've only had a couple of each, but they have all been excellent. :thumbs:

cigardawg said:
vitasea said:

Actually, according to Habanos SA, the Lancero is a No. 1 (factory vitola) with a 38 ring gauge. The Trinidad Fundadores is 7 5/8 inches by 40 ring gauge. Close, but not the same vitola.

That said, both are fantastic smokes. I've only had a couple of each, but they have all been excellent. :thumbs:
[snapback]248269[/snapback]​

your right there the same length but the trini is a little fatter, i sent you one of each

Got 'em. I'm shocked to see you back around on the boards nontheless handing out cigars again. Haven't smoked either of the last two that you sent, but gave the Trini a run for it's money on Sat night. Thanks. Much better with a great burn and a little smoother than the fresh one I lit up last weekend. So overall it was a great cigar... :thumbs:

-Fetter

Thanks Vitasea. I received your package today.

The lancero and fundadore look very similar. I've had fundadores (being one of my favorites), but never a lancero.

Looking forward to trying both of them! :thumbs:

just saw you guys discussing the trini and thought you needed to try some good ones and since the the cohiba lancero is so close in construction it would be a good comparison
cigar affcionado rated the lancero a 92 hightest they used on any cigar in the top fifty in the dec issue

Marito said:
vitasea said:

988.jpg

[snapback]248260[/snapback]​

LMAO!!!

vitasea said:
just saw you guys discussing the trini and thought you needed to try some good ones and since the the cohiba lancero is so close in construction it would be a good comparison
cigar affcionado rated the lancero a 92 hightest they used on any cigar in the top fifty in the dec issue
[snapback]249992[/snapback]​

I saw that, and I think I also read that the Lanceros are pretty good fresh, unlike the fundadores.

Ditto,
I agree. I think fundadores need at least a two or three years of age and should have plenty of bloom on the wrapper. In that state they smoke wonderfully.

I hope none of you are basing your opinions of Fundadores or Cohibas on any of the cigars that are supplied by vitasea ??? because the chances of them being real are well, you know..........

coventrycat86 said:
I hope none of you are basing your opinions of Fundadores or Cohibas on any of the cigars that are supplied by vitasea ??? because the chances of them being real are well, you know..........
[snapback]250816[/snapback]​
Nah, the Fundadore I smoked was from a great source. But I did recieve a Fundadore and a Cohiba Lancero from Vitasea just 5 days ago. They are actually quite believably real. Bands, length and gauge, wrapper, scent and cap are all spot on. So after a few weeks in the humi I will give them a try.

-Fetter