• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2024

Viaje White Label Project toro. Took a chance and bought a box. Not disappointed. This is ROTT after one day of rest and it is very enjoyable.
The first puffs of the Viaje, WLP are a bit hard to describe other than saying it’s a fairly restrained yet balanced approach for this Nicaraguan puro that I was expecting a bit more kick from. There is a bit of pepper, chalk, earth. An early retrohale is almost surprisingly easy, but it does let on some hints that there’s more in store, and in fact it’s just a few puffs later before the pepper breaks through and retrohales get much fuller. Flavors of earth and coffee start to distinguish themselves on the palate, with a lingering tingle on the tongue left by gradually increasing amounts of pepper. There is a very enjoyable interplay between the cigar’s taste and its aroma, as the nose gets a brighter sensation than the tongue does, yet they work together very well. Pepper doesn’t begin to show up on the palate in earnest until the second third is on the horizon, and with the leash off it takes a few good steps forward in the flavor. It seems to be a bit lighter of a pepper note than I found earlier, making it punchier and eliciting a different physical reaction. So far the cigar has burned well, with ample smoke production, a sharp and even burn line and decent ash for the smaller ring gauge that has a fair amount of black and dark gray in it, almost to the point of being noteworthy. Wish I wrote that, but it sums it up well. I must add that the sliding top box is of a much heavier wood and you feel,that when you go to lift it. Inside the sticks were all packaged in a master sealed glassy clear,paper with the sticks in individual wrappers. Very classy packaging. The sticks a box pressed. Only 200 box's were produced.

IMG_0905.jpeg