• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Think My Buddy Was Bamboozled

PunchLibertad4Me

A very good friend of mine took his wife on a cruise to St. Thomas and while there he picked me up some sticks. Being that it was the thought that counted I could not express anything but joy at the gift. For he is neither a lover of the leaf nor would he know Padron from Peter Pan.

Enough about that.

He brings me this box, a soddy one at that with Montecristo Cabinet Selection across it and inside were 10 sticks with an almost Maduro wrapper measuring 5 x 42ish. The band looks suspect and everything I read on some trustworthy sites tells me he was had. So much so that I have not placed these sticks in a humi, rather, I stuck them in a Humidipak with a Boveda just in case.

I tried to post some pics here and was unsuccessful I was hoping to get some feedback from you wonderful BOTL's.

Based on the limited information and lack of pics, can someone tell me, was my buddy bamboozled?

St. Thomas is part of the US Virgin Islands, they can't sell Cuban cigars there! :whistling:

St. Thomas is part of the US Virgin Islands, they can't sell Cuban cigars there! :whistling:
They're not.

Doc.

They can sell Cuban cigars legally? Man I'm confused ;)

Think he means they're not the US virgin Islands....but I'm pretty sure that they are.

Doc is a little groggy in the afternoon before his nap! Old sailors are lost on land and almost always confused about stuff.

Does it say on the box where the cigars were made? There is a Dominican Republic Montecristo Cabinet selection cigar, if I'm not mistaken. If I remember correctly they have darker wrappers on them. They may be legit, just not Cuban.

Yeah Doc, the object of your pronoun is a tad ambiguous.

I think Doc was eluding to the fact that they are selling fakes and not Cuban Cigars.

I think Doc was eluding to the fact that they are selling fakes and not Cuban Cigars.

Now wait a second, you mean to tell me that Doc was hiding from the fact that they are selling fakes?

On the bottom of the box there is a partially legible stamp stating they were made in Habana.

Thanks for all the help guys. I suppose I will have to smoke one in a week or so and let you all know and based on the volume, I may send one or two to an aficionado on this board and allow them to weigh in. One caveat, they have to post pics...

-Tony

On the bottom of the box there is a partially legible stamp stating they were made in Habana.

Thanks for all the help guys. I suppose I will have to smoke one in a week or so and let you all know and based on the volume, I may send one or two to an aficionado on this board and allow them to weigh in. One caveat, they have to post pics...
-Tony

I know a few BOTL's that could help you out in this time of need... :whistling:

Yeah, I would like to see pics, too. At first I thought they were just the cabinet selection smokes that Altadis, USA produces since they were purchased in a US territory, but these might be something entirely different.