• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Things are looking up!

Togoss

Last Thursday my 'sampler' pack from Best Cigar Prices showed up. My first online foray into my newly acquired habit.
Shortly after ordering from BCP, I found and joined this website and began to learn more about cigars and their care than I ever dreamed there was to know. After reading some of the threads in the vendor area I also placed orders for some specials with The Cigar Farm, and The Cigar Page.
Back to my delivery a week ago, I placed my new delights in a Tupperware container with a couple Boveda(sp?) packs since I was seasoning my newly acquired humidor and went about my evening. That night I went to bed with tropical storm notifications going off on my phone, but hey I live on a mountain in NC. Maybe a flood, maybe some wind but surely nothing I haven't seen many times before in my 50 years living here!
And then the bottom dropped out, as the old saying goes. I have never seen anything that comes close to the events that transpired on Friday, I hope I never do again. I lost power, cell service, and road access to the rest of the world. My wife and I cooked on camp stoves or over an open fire(we were eating well since we had no generator and were in a race to deplete the contents of our fridge/freezer before things went bad), bathed with baby wipes and drank water from bottles and jugs that I filled Friday morning before the power died.
I enjoyed every one of those cigars in the evenings, and it was a fantastic small deviation from the monotony and worry. Monday afternoon we regained access to the main roadways and spent the day checking on family and friends that we had had no contact with since Thursday. Tuesday we went to volunteer at the closest food and aid station. Yesterday, about 10am our power came back and by 10:10AM we were taking lukewarm showers 😆 before returning to help those less fortunate.
Today we arrived home to find the mail had ran for the first time in a week, and guess what showed up? 15 cigars from Cigar Page! Then I walk into the house and my phone connects to the WiFi with internet access!! No idea if I will 'like' them as I have tried none before, but I know I am going to love them, HA! Indeed things are looking up!
1727994377028.png

Sadly My Cigar Farm order is still tied up in USPS land, but hey, maybe that will be a surprise for another day!

Why did I type all of this? Maybe partly because I have been bored and in internet withdrawals, or maybe just as a way to clear my mind of some of the stress. I tried to make it humorous, but I am so very thankful. Helping others has been the greatest honor and most humbling experience of my life. I don't know why I was spared some of the more devastating damage, but it had nothing to do with 'deserving' it. Please keep Western North Carolina and Eastern Tennessee in your thoughts and prayers. My little town of Burnsville sits very close to the border and there is catastrophic destruction on both sides, everywhere you look.
Have a great evening, and please take a moment to appreciate the things that are dear.

I ordered from BCP once, and that was enough foe me to never order form them again.
Now, it may have just been a fluke, or maybe I have been spoiled, but there was ZERO protection of the cigars just thrown into one of those thin padded envelope, not a good look, as far as I am concerned.

Now this was my experience,and I would never tell anyone how to support their habit or spend their money.

Let us know how the Cigar Farm shipment makes out. also, there is thread where you can share your purchases.