• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Selección Robusto - Any good?

P3R3

I am looking for a present for my father for christmas and stumbled upon this set. It claims to be a humidor as well as the cigar case for 5 select Robustos. Are these cigars any good, and is this really a decent humidor?

I'm not sure if you are in the US or not, but I would remove any link to any sources just in case. As for the question, I would like to know myself. Oh, and take a few to introduce yourself in the Introduction thread.

I'm not sure if you are in the US or not, but I would remove any link to any sources just in case. As for the question, I would like to know myself. Oh, and take a few to introduce yourself in the Introduction thread.
Well my dad is going on business to Europe and I was going to reserve a box for him and have it delivered to his hotel as a suprise. Knowing my dad the only thing comming back would be the humi, not the cigars.

Thats not a source FYI, its the first result in google when I search for that package.

Its a box with a humdifier in it... not really a humidor.

Its a great set and your father will be pleased.

Its a box with a humdifier in it... not really a humidor.

Its a great set and your father will be pleased.
Its between this or a gift set of Trinidads (2 of Robusto, Reyes, and Coloniales), mabe even a box of Reyes. Any experiance with the different sizes of Trinidads?

My dad loves Trinidad, its his favorite, but I really like the concept of this gift set.

Buying someone their favorites, while a still great gift, still isn't as nice as letting them try a fine selection of cigars that they couldn't get anywhere else.

Buying someone their favorites, while a still great gift, still isn't as nice as letting them try a fine selection of cigars that they couldn't get anywhere else.
Let me start by saying my Dad has NEVER had a Cuban before, I am basing this off his prefernce for the DR Trinidad.

Also, is it worth it to upgrade to the Piramades shape?

Will there be any real difference between the two shapes?

Piramides are great...
But I would buy dad a size that he generally smokes!
So if he smokes the Torpedos get the piramides!
Otherwise find a vitola that matches his favs!

-Rob

Reyes are pretty good & very well constructed, but being a really new cigar its still quite young. And they are overpriced.
If you looking for a Tres PC then I would stick with a Party Short or a SCDLH El Principe.

Piramides are great...
But I would buy dad a size that he generally smokes!
So if he smokes the Torpedos get the piramides!
Otherwise find a vitola that matches his favs!

-Rob
Well he regularly smokes minis or smaller sizes, but for something as special as his first Cuban, the traditional Torpedo style would be appropriate I think.

Reyes are pretty good & very well constructed, but being a really new cigar its still quite young. And they are overpriced.
If you looking for a Tres PC then I would stick with a Party Short or a SCDLH El Principe.
I keep shying away from Party Shorts because I have heard some serious negatives about them, plus my dad loves everything about the Trinidad brand. Isn't Trinidad the premire brand of Cuba?

I will have to look into the SCDLH, thanks!

So its down to three choices for Xmas:

1) 12 ct Box Trinidad Fundadores
2) 10 ct. 2005 Montecristo LE
3) Selection Pyrimades

What do you experts think?

He loves the NON CUBAN Trinis.

The difference is huge, im not saying the trinis are bad, just that the tastes are completely different.

I'd get him the robusto sampler. that way he can try a different brand cigar every day for a week.

*edit* Why the robustos? Because the Cohiba Robusto is in it. One of the best Cohibas made.

He loves the NON CUBAN Trinis.

The difference is huge, im not saying the trinis are bad, just that the tastes are completely different.

I'd get him the robusto sampler. that way he can try a different brand cigar every day for a week.

*edit* Why the robustos? Because the Cohiba Robusto is in it. One of the best Cohibas made.
Wow you have pretty much sold.

So how about 5 pack Seleccion Robusto with a Fiver of Montecristo EL 2003 or 2005? Maybe another pack of Seleccion?

Thanks wurm, you are most helpfull!

Im sure anything you get him will be great.
Stop stressing out and make the purchase ! :D :D :laugh:

Im sure anything you get him will be great.
Stop stressing out and make the purchase ! :D :D :laugh:
You dont understand me, I am a perfectionist FREAK. I once went to the groccery store to pick up something to eat and left with only shampoo 1 hour later because I couldn't think of anything I wanted :laugh:.

Cigars are so daunting though, their are so many varieties it overwhelms me. :0

So yea, I caved and bought it for my Dad. I think he will be floored to find this christmas day. :laugh:

1 Selccion Robusto
1 Box of 5 Montecristo Limitida EL 2003

:D

Certainly a step up from the Hoya de Monterry Excalibers he smokes. :sign:

Ummmm yeah.... he just might like those lol

:thumbs:

Ummmm yeah.... he just might like those lol

:thumbs:
Yea I could'nt decide between the 2003 and 2005, but I choose the 2003 since it has had a few years to mature, which is a plus for Monte's. Correct?