• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Minuto

badhangover

Length: 110 mm. ( 4 3/8" )
Width: 16,67 mm
Ring: 42
Weight (Average): 7,46 gr

I would have to put the minuto at the top of my favorite vitolas. These (relatively) diminutive cigars have provided me endless hours of respite from otherwise tedius or boring moments in my days. I find them to be generally refreshing, providing bountiful full flavored periods of escape. The size designation includes some of my favorite cigars: The Bolivar Corona Junior, the Partagas Short and the Ramon Allones Small Club Corona. The others of this size are also very interesting diversions of their own right.

The other day, while waiting for my car to be completed at the carwash, I found myself with about a 40 minute wait. Fortunately, the carwash had a very nice patio setup, and a decent collection of short reading material. They also had a pretty decent coffee stand inside their interior waiting area.

Well, I availed myself of their coffee and a magazine and went right outside to their patio furniture. I fired up a RASCC and drifted myself into tranquility. Cigars can often put me into contemplative moods, and I found myself appreciative of the lil' things in life, and how such lil' cigars at the right moments can instill such goodwill within me. I nubbed my cigar just as my car was completed and I drove away to the beginnings of a very nice day.

You will never hear me say I have too many minutos. :thumbs:

I would have to put the minuto at the top of my favorite vitolas. These (relatively) diminutive cigars have provided me endless hours of respite from otherwise tedius or boring moments in my days. I find them to be generally refreshing, providing bountiful full flavored periods of escape. The size designation includes some of my favorite cigars: The Bolivar Corona Junior, the Partagas Short and the Ramon Allones Small Club Corona. The others of this size are also very interesting diversions of their own right.

The other day, while waiting for my car to be completed at the carwash, I found myself with about a 40 minute wait. Fortunately, the carwash had a very nice patio setup, and a decent collection of short reading material. They also had a pretty decent coffee stand inside their interior waiting area.

Well, I availed myself of their coffee and a magazine and went right outside to their patio furniture. I fired up a RASCC and drifted myself into tranquility. Cigars can often put me into contemplative moods, and I found myself appreciative of the lil' things in life, and how such lil' cigars at the right moments can instill such goodwill within me. I nubbed my cigar just as my car was completed and I drove away to the beginnings of a very nice day.

True, so very true. Those are precisely my favorites as well. But wow, what a carwash you have! At the finest carwash in Newark, Delaware, while your car is being taken care of, you basically stand in the parking lot next to RT896 and watch the semis roar past. :p

Thanks for sharing your reverie.

Wilkey

Great post bro. There a few noobs here, myself being one of them, trying to find some good routes to go for short smokes of the mentioned variety. One of our obstacles is in aging. Many of these cigars aren't that spectacular without a year or so of age on them.

Are any of your favs good upon receipt? If not, how long do you put them aside?

Thanks again.

Are any of your favs good upon receipt? If not, how long do you put them aside?
I thoroughly enjoy each of the cigars I specifically listed, both in their "young" and in their "aged" states. Then again, I also enjoy full bodied red wines, and the taste profiles they exhibit from the time of bottling until they have reached maturity as well.

Each of the cigars I listed display a brashness of strength that I find, well, "honest" and "exhilerating". Their strength is at the forefront with hints of their subtleties being revealed in the finish. In time, they become tamer, and display a sublime marriage of character, by virtue of their inherent flavor profiles rising in age to meet the meet the subduing brashness of strength. Of the three cigars I listed, I do find the RASCC to display this soonest, and actually to gain in both strength and flavor as they age.

Of course, these are only my opinions. I leave you each to your own opinions. That is part of the joy of this hobby: Everyone having and sharing their own unique opinions.

Sorry, for popular cigars such as these, you'll have to age your own. Fortunately, they are relatively economically priced. Patience is all that will be required of you. You can smoke plenty of them as you age your others. Three to five years aging is generally what I aim for. Then it's a one by one trial until I am pleased with their outcome.

This a great size for a regular smoke and they're typically priced right. It seems I seldom have time for 1+ hour smoke but these little babies are just right most the time...plus I think they age/mature quicked than big cigars so are more approachable young.

Did you say Menudo?

tat-menudo-83.jpg

Great review. These are one of my favorite weeknight and AM vitolas. Many times during the week I just don't have the time for a larger smoke, and these get the job done just fine. There are smaller ring smokes in this length but the little 32-ish smokes always burn hot for me. As long as the ring is 40+ they seem to burn much cooler, deliver great flavors, and make for a great 30-40 minute smoke. If you like a cigar with your morning coffee, these will do the job in spades.

Some others I've grown fond of:

- Cohiba Siglo I (technically a Perla not a Minuto, but you get the idea.....).
- Partagas Shorts
- Montecristo #5 (another Perla)
- LaLuna Serie "R" Colada
- Tatuaje Bombazos

Cheers - B.B.S.

Of course, these are only my opinions. I leave you each to your own opinions. That is part of the joy of this hobby: Everyone having and sharing their own unique opinions.

Some of them aren't so unique. :laugh: Yours are very useful. Thanks for posting bro. I'll keep an eye out for some of the sticks you and BBS listed.

Peace

Rob, that photo is precious. Hilarious man. Someone got paid to put those outfits together. Here's to culture and to Party Shorts (ching).

True, so very true. Those are precisely my favorites as well. But wow, what a carwash you have! At the finest carwash in Newark, Delaware, while your car is being taken care of, you basically stand in the parking lot next to RT896 and watch the semis roar past. :p

Thanks for sharing your reverie.

Wilkey

Try Newark NJ :laugh: Nice review BTW :thumbs:

I'm a fan as well but there are only four brands that come in this vitola so I've been smoking more Marevas lately (mostly SLR PCs).