• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Cohiba Limitada Edicion 2009 have Arrived!

Ketchtwenty2

CigarPass Class of '08 Valedictorian
I am the proud owner of a "Glass-top" box of Cohiba Limitada Edicion 2009 Pyramides. I know how green with jealousy you all must be. Make no offers....these babies are not for sale.

See pic of these fine sticks at the address below:
http://picasaweb.google.com/Ketchtwenty2/Cigars?authkey=Gv1sRgCMma_sGRr4H5ggE#

Who would have thought that my brother-in-law would score these on a recent trip to Mexico. What a gift! He was lucky enough to pry these away from a vendor in his hotel lobby! Wow.

I am the proud owner of a "Glass-top" box of Cohiba Limitada Edicion 2009 Pyramides. I know how green with jealousy you all must be. Make no offers....these babies are not for sale.

Who would have thought that my brother-in-law would score these on a recent trip to Mexico. What a gift! He was lucky enough to pry these away from a vendor in his hotel lobby! Wow.

Might not be a total loss though I have had some pretty nice fakes as of late and it seems the bigger the vitola the better chance of them being a good whole leaf stick.
Let us know how they smoke. YMMV

PJ

Fine looking smokes, they should age well........ :laugh:

Seriously though, thanks God for boards like this where we can all be educated. There was a time when each and every one of us would have bought these and been bragging to our friends about the great deal we scored.

Dave, after an exhaustive examination of this item, I have reached a verdict. Even though I see several issues (Habanos sticker on the wrong upper corner, warranty seal on the wrong side with a clearly incorrect serial number, several issues with the actual bands such as font, leding, etc.) I think the true tell is that the glass is, in fact, the wrong thickness - always a dead giveaway for fakes. Sorry, my friend.

:sign: :sign: :sign:

- Tim

edited for spelling

Dave, after an exhaustive examination of this item, I have reached a verdict. Even though I see several issues (Habanos sticker on the wrong upper corner, warranty seal on the wrong side with a clearly incorrect serial number, several issues with the actual bands such as font, leding, etc.) I think the true tell is that the glass is, in fact, the wrong thickness - always a dead giveaway for fakes. Sorry, my friend.

:sign: :sign: :sign:

- Tim

edited for spelling
Sigh. I was holding out hope. It is a crying shame that you cannot trust a reputable vendor like a strange guy in a hotel lobby.
Thickness of the glass???...what about the wood the box is made out of. It is clearly not CUBAN cedar. It is probably that inferior Guatamalan cedar.

Very nice score! My sister in law was at our house this past weekend and saw the humidor I built into the wall. She asked me if her husband had given me any of those Cubans that they got while they were in Florida a couple of weeks ago. I told her he hadn't to which she told me she would be sure that he saved a few for me. She didn't know what they were exactly, but I can't wait to get them! I can only hope they turn out to be as nice as yours! Congrats again on the score!

Do you stick things like this in your humidor once you identify them as impostors? And how do you break it to the party that gave them to you that they're not legit? Specifically if said party visits and wants to enjoy your gift with you?

Wow, except for, of course, the infamous glass top box, those look really well faked. :0

Mount 'em on the mancave wall!

~Boar

Do you stick things like this in your humidor once you identify them as impostors? And how do you break it to the party that gave them to you that they're not legit? Specifically if said party visits and wants to enjoy your gift with you?
My brother and sister-in-law are from Norway...and god bless them for even attempting to get me a gift as generous as this. To answer your question, I told them the Cohibas WERE authentic. I also told them to never buy me cigars again. Apparently they did NOT spend a lot of money on them, but I still didn't want them to feel lousy when their intentions were so good.

I plan on keeping the sticks sealed in the box. It is a great conversation piece and as has been stated in the post before...they are awesome fakes. They look great. I still like Micks idea of mounting the box on a blingy gold chain and wearing it whenever I smoke. Awesome.