• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

spicy cubans smokes

kona1000

Buy Bitcoin
the cohiba's I got are a little disappointing, No real flavor. Natural wrap reserve from the 2003 Habano Festival- sounds good right?, nope weak. I'm looking for for some spice and intesity.

Any suggestion-- still going to Taipei.

thanks

the cohiba's I got are a little disappointing, No real flavor. Natural wrap reserve from the 2003 Habano Festival- sounds good right?, nope weak. I'm looking for for some spice and intesity.

Any suggestion-- still going to Taipei.

thanks

Are you sure they're authentic?

If you really want that spice and intensity, stick with Nicaraguan puros. Cuban cigars aren't typically spicy or very "intense" in flavor profile, at least to me. Try smoking a few Partagas or Bolivars, I think they might fit your desired profile better than a Cohiba would. Whether or not it was a counterfeit is a whole 'nuther can o' worms!

You may also want to try an ashton VSG. When I want a spicy and flavorfull smoke (which is always btw lol) I go to a vsg.

If you really want that spice and intensity, stick with Nicaraguan puros. Cuban cigars aren't typically spicy or very "intense" in flavor profile, at least to me. Try smoking a few Partagas or Bolivars, I think they might fit your desired profile better than a Cohiba would. Whether or not it was a counterfeit is a whole 'nuther can o' worms!
yeah when I got them in the mail, my buddies came over before I even opened the box they where mailed in and started to judging, as we peeled away the cardboard we got to the wood box containing the habanos. as we looked and judged opened it smelled them looked them over checked the codes, we decided they were authentic.

When I checked the box code with the habano web site it said they where fakes, but what is the box code, is it the serial number on the seal of the wooden box containing the smokes or is it the seal on the cardboard box that the wooden box was in. really not sure. every thing about them looks legit. One of my buddies is a CC smoker and purchaser for years and he seemed to thing they were good, but one can never tell.

Thanks

yeah when I got them in the mail, my buddies came over before I even opened the box they where mailed in and started to judging, as we peeled away the cardboard we got to the wood box containing the habanos. as we looked and judged opened it smelled them looked them over checked the codes, we decided they were authentic.

When I checked the box code with the habano web site it said they where fakes, but what is the box code, is it the serial number on the seal of the wooden box containing the smokes or is it the seal on the cardboard box that the wooden box was in. really not sure. every thing about them looks legit. One of my buddies is a CC smoker and purchaser for years and he seemed to thing they were good, but one can never tell.

Thanks

Please use the SHIFT key and punktuation. Thanks!

As for the Cohiba, if I recall, some other folks thought they were flat/weak as well.

The code on those is the one on the cardboard.

What is the code...and do you have pictures?

Damn... from the title, I was hoping to see pictures of Daisy Fuentes smoking.

IMG_1214.jpg
IMG_1211.jpg
IMG_1210.jpg
IMG_1218.jpg
IMG_1220.jpg

WOW, that took nearly two hours to learn to upload pic's!

what do you think?

What's the box code?

And yes, I've found some of these to be lacking.

Tasty enough as they are suppose to be 2+ years older in age(from 2003) but that would put them in the 2001 range for wrapper.

Look around and most people have had some issue with 99-01 cigars...and some with the 'flatness' - we were just discussing this last night.

OSU
ENE 03

From the bottom of the box

Is that the code or is the serial number the code?

They seem authentic.

Late '02 boxes are stellar. Second quarter '03...not so much. That's probably why you got a good deal on them (assuming you did).

If I were unhappy with them, I would try to get a refund or replacement. One has a cracked foot, too.

Send them back for a refund!

....this. Try a Padron 45th or a Don Pepin "My Father Le Bijou" and see what you think of those....
thumbs-up.gif

I guess I should accept the realization that the rest of the world has same as or better quality than the stuff coming out of Cuba. I do love the Padrons! Or maybe it's the forbidden friut aspect.