• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Speaking of fax machines

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
I was enjoying the spam thread on fax machines. 😁

In my career as a data and voice network design engineer and consultant, I was well aware of the fact that faxing was the least secure method of data transmission that there was 20 years ago.

What is even more interesting, is the industries that are still using fax to this day.

The medical industry still requires that you use fax. Which then means that the insurance industry uses fax, first Responders must then use fax.

How do you feel about your private HIPAA data now?😁

In my career as a data and voice network design engineer and consultant, I was well aware of the fact that faxing was the least secure method of data transmission that there was 20 years ago.

What is even more interesting, is the industries that are still using fax to this day.

The medical industry still requires that you use fax. Which then means that the insurance industry uses fax, first Responders must then use fax.

Umm Eff You for pointing out this shit

I didn't know that. I've been in Telecom since 1999.

Yep. As an insurance industry “professional” I can confirm.

secured data is a misnomer.

Edited: proof reading is useful

Last edited:

It’s also governed by the TCPA which makes using faxes lawsuit bait for class actions. Combine that with HIPAA and its payday city, may as well be putting PII on the back of a napkin.

and then wipe your nose on that napkin, so they have your DNA as well...everything they need to clone a person....🤔

Yep. As an insurance industry “professional” I can confirm.
What happens if someone challenges it and cites HIPPA violations? Would medical or insurance back down. Would the individual have a leg to stand on if legal representation threatens action?