• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

SP N-P

alexgtp

newbie extrodinaire!!
I just acquired some Sancho Panza non plus from i beleive 98
vc1 isu (villa clara 1)

Does anyone know about these? How where they that year and how were the quality of cigars from that area.

Thanks..

The code should be nisu. This is one of my favorite marevas. The '97-'98 from vc1 are some of the best I've ever smoked. Only got a few '97s left :(

Enjoy :thumbs:

I agree w/ Lucasbuck.

I went through 15 SP non-plus and loved every one of them. You can still get some '98s out there!

lucasbuck said:
The code should be nisu. This is one of my favorite marevas. The '97-'98 from vc1 are some of the best I've ever smoked. Only got a few '97s left :(

Enjoy :thumbs:
[snapback]203948[/snapback]​

Thanks guys..
I will let them rest in 63% for a bit and than smoke away!

bfreebern said:
I agree w/ Lucasbuck.

I went through 15 SP non-plus and loved every one of them. You can still get some '98s out there!
[snapback]203957[/snapback]​

I'll come in with a third on this thread. I love the non-plus. Great smoking little cigar. Mine are 03s, not 98s, but Brandon is right, they are available out there still. Enjoy. :thumbs:

After reading this thread, I decided I had better smoke one of these little beauties. Grabbed the non-plus from the humidor, poured another cup of coffee, and sat out back staring the project I was supposed to be working on.

Sancho Panza Non-Plus (DIC03)

This petite corona had a nice reddish-sandy brown wrapper. It had a slight box press. The cigars in this box are starting to show some plume/bloom and had just a slight dusting of white on them. The wrapper had no noticable veins and the seams were very clean. Nice, precise triple cap. Pre-light nose was of wood and slight coffee...very little earthy/Cuban tobacco smell. The newness was certainly off these. The pre-light draw was a little firm, but not cause for alarm. A most appealing cigar. :)

The cigar lit easily and the draw immediately relaxed to become just short of easy. Light puffs coaxed mouthfuls of thick, medium-bodied smoke from this petite corona. The burn started out a little uneven, but quickly self-corrected. The ash was a mottled gray color and very firm...requiring me to knock it off instead of falling. The cigar stayed cool throughout the smoke, never becoming hot, even to the nub. Excellent construction. :thumbs:

The taste was that typical toasty Sancho Panza taste. Started off with toasty tobacco and creamy coffee flavors. The coffee moved more toward black and the toastiness developed a woody undertone. There were hints of sweet spices near the mid-point. On the second-half, the toastiness expanded to include tastes of almonds or other nuts and the sweet spice increased. The cigar ended with the spice fading and the toastiness staying on strong. An excellent tasting cigar and a wonderful reminder why I really like the Sancho Panza line. :D

All-in-all, an outstanding cigar and a great way to start my morning. My Mate even commented on how good the cigar smelled. These will continue to age well, but I have to give this cigar an A right now. :love:

Another great review Dawg. Glad you posted it before I commented!

Scot was generous enough to gift me one of these; which I smoked on his front porch last night. I really enjoyed this cigar; a true medium bodied smoke. Mine was a bit tighter on the draw that I usually like, but the burn was fantastic and it still produced quite a bit of smoke!

The more SP's I have, the more I enjoy them.....

Thanks Dawg!

I had some 98s. When I opened the box I could not quit smoking them. Burned the box in a little over two weeks. Very good. :thumbs: