• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

So damned predictable

NullSmurf

Das Bruce
One of my colleagues spotted me on the company patio having my after lunch smoke, so he walked up and asked the inevitable, "so, you smoke cigars, huh?" Resisting a snappy comeback since I have to work with his team, I just replied affirmatively.

He went on to tell me of a buddy who brought him some Cuban cigars from Gitmo and wanted to know if I want them. He said they're Cohibas or something like that. Well, I've read all the recent posts on fakes and how to spot them. Also, thanks to several detailed photos of fake Cohibas, it took me all of 2 seconds to chuckle and tell him that they were fakes. They're Sig VI sized, reasonably colored, but have veins on all of them that looked like relief maps of the Rocky Mountans. The caps were extremely sloppy and appear single layered. Of the two Sig VI I've seen in my life, one was naked and the other was in a tube. These are in sloppy cellophane. The bands were really sloppy too - I can see the guy with the scissors cutting into the 5th row of dots. I thanked the guy for the cigars - didn't tell him anything. I haven't made up my mind on what to do with them. I may torch one just out of curiosity.

My mother taught me that a gift should always be recieved with graciousness. No need to make a stink about it.

Smoke one if you feel the inclination, or just throw them down a hole in the garden.

Every Cohiba that I have seen in possesion of some other cigar smoker that I just happen to run into has been fake. Just recently I was staying at a real swank place called The Montage in Laguna where all the cars out front are Lamborginis and Rolls Royces. I ran into 2 guys that both had some nice Cohiba 2003 EL Pyramids. They told me that they have a real good connection for Cuban cigars. :sign:

I have found that my fake Sig VI make good fire starters :laugh: .

I've also passed some off on the people at work who want a FREE cuban from me and they all seem to like them :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have found that my fake Sig VI make good fire starters :laugh: .

I've also passed some off on the people at work who want a FREE cuban from me and they all seem to like them :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Since I don't have a fireplace, option 2 looks best.

So apparently we all agree.

I thanked the guy for the cigars - didn't tell him anything.

Actually Josh, I wrote that I DID tell him (doh!, sorry). I did chuckle, but didn't acutally tell him they were fakes.

Hmmmm.... I have no idea what Cuban cigars look like... I couldn't spot a fake if Fidel Castro himself was sitting next to me... :whistling:

Hmmmm.... I have no idea what Cuban cigars look like... I couldn't spot a fake if Fidel Castro himself was sitting next to me... :whistling:

Luckily, given these fakes, I have still not been corrupted by heathen, communist sticks.