• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smoking jacket

Smoothersmoke

I remember my grandpa had a smoking jacket he wore when smoking cigars. It was quilted with a tie belt. I think it was to keep ash off his clothes. The French still refer to an evening dress jacket/tuxedo as Le Smoking so it must have been quite common. I wonder if anyone still dons such a jacket - maybe in the garage in winter!

I wouldn't mind finding something that I could sit outside in and smoke that isn't too ostentatious. I've got so many burn holes in shirts and jackets that used to be nice.

Not related, but years back I reported to a VP that smoked. The thing was, when she did, she wore gloves. I guess she enjoyed smoking, just not the lingering smell on her hands? Should have asked her.

I remember my grandpa had a smoking jacket he wore when smoking cigars. It was quilted with a tie belt. I think it was to keep ash off his clothes. The French still refer to an evening dress jacket/tuxedo as Le Smoking so it must have been quite common. I wonder if anyone still dons such a jacket - maybe in the garage in winter!

I want one...which makes sense...and I would wear it all the time. I should get one to leave at each of the Lounges I frequent.

I like Sheriff Buck's idea of a vintage one.

Unfortunately I didn't inherit the smoking jacket but I have got the tasselated cap that went with it. Quite a relic of a bygone age of English gentlemen!