• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

SLR-L - no box code

grateful1

Oh My!
....from 2000.....

It has the stickers and certificate and burned in stamp....but no box code...

Please advise.

Is it likely these could come with out a box code stamped?

No GB. :whistling:

Gary,

You've been in this long enough and deeply enough to know that one feature, does not (in)authenticity make. If you have other information that you think may bear on an opinion, then feel free to drop me a PM.

A missing factory code can happen by at least two mechanisms. First, the stamper running dry and the worker not noticing. I'm guessing this would be likely and benign. Second, box accidentally bypassed the stamping. Again, not inconceivable and benign. Of course the less desirable mechanism would be that this is not an authentic box.

Provenance is key. In many cases, only this can serve as the final arbiter of authenticity.

Wilkey

Gary,

You've been in this long enough and deeply enough to know that one feature, does not (in)authenticity make. If you have other information that you think may bear on an opinion, then feel free to drop me a PM.

A missing factory code can happen by at least two mechanisms. First, the stamper running dry and the worker not noticing. I'm guessing this would be likely and benign. Second, box accidentally bypassed the stamping. Again, not inconceivable and benign. Of course the less desirable mechanism would be that this is not an authentic box.

Provenance is key. In many cases, only this can serve as the final arbiter of authenticity.

Wilkey

Yea...I was waiting on a couple PM's regarding the vendor. It appears all is well.

I guess I should have asked if anyone has one like this....I've heard from a couple guys that: Yes...they are around like this...and from different vendors.

Fake, get rid of them! :angry:

Brian