• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Siglo IV vs. Siglo VI

mattroth54

I recently ordered a sample pack from what I have every reason to believe is a reputable dealer. (pm for name) I ordered 2 Siglo VI's as part of that sampler. Yesterday, I picked up a ring guage and learned my VI's seem more like IV's. The two in my humi measure out at 46.

I've questioned myself if they are fakes; the labels seem to check out after referencing some topics on CP and looking at cA's fake gallery. I have a good photo, but I'm not sure if I have the skills to post it here. I'll try.

What do you think would be a reasonable line of action to request from this dealer? Anyone been in this situation?

d996re2.jpg

http://us.a1.yahoofs.com/users/41de477az2b...h47FAEBMWQACWtl

It's hard to tell in that pic what the actual length is of the nearer cigar. It looks like it might be a IV since that is 5.625 X 46 and a VI is 5.875 X 52. Take a pic with the ring gage when you go back to the dealer with your complaint. They certainly look like IV's to me.

Pic not working for me either. If you trust this source give him the benefit of the doubt. He may of just messed up and gave you two extra IV's instead of the VI's.

Siglo IV has a 42 ring

Siglo VI has a 52 ring

None of the Siglos have a 48 ring AFAIK in fact the only cohiba that has close to a 48 ring is the Cohiba Esplendidos with a 47 ring but its alot longer than the cigar in your photos.

Wurm said:
Siglo IV has a 42 ring

Siglo VI has a 52 ring

None of the Siglos have a 48 ring AFAIK in fact the only cohiba that has close to a 48 ring is the Cohiba Esplendidos with a 47 ring but its alot longer than the cigar in your photos.
[snapback]293591[/snapback]​

I'm pretty sure the IV is a 46. This stick fits in the 46 hole, I just didn't want to risk damaging the wrapper. The photo was taken to show it clearly is not a 52.

mattroth54 said:
Wurm said:
Siglo IV has a 42 ring

Siglo VI has a 52 ring

I'm pretty sure the IV is a 46. This stick fits in the 46 hole, I just didn't want to risk damaging the wrapper. The photo was taken to show it clearly is not a 52.
[snapback]293594[/snapback]​

Well one of my shops has it listed as a 42 and the other a 46, so I think you maybe right. Whatever that cigar is its not what they advertised.

Siglo IV's are 46 X 5 5/8. I think your vendor probably just made a mistake. IV and VI ar easy to mix up. Just my two cents.

Quick update...in addition to two VI's added to my next order, they've included free shipping. This vendor has handled this in a first class manner.

Matt

mattroth54 said:
Quick update...in addition to two IV's added to my next order, they've included free shipping. This vendor has handled this in a first class manner.

Matt
[snapback]296024[/snapback]​

Excellent vendor Matt! :thumbs: I know the rings are usually dead on when shipped. After a bit of time in the humi, they can put on a ring or two, depending upon the humidity. Sounds like they made a simple mistake, by sending you IV's which are ring 46. The length of a VI is 5 7/8" and a IV is 5 5/8", Musta been a dislectic shipper :p .

Wurm said:
Siglo IV has a 42 ring

Siglo VI has a 52 ring

HUH?

Where the hell are you getting this information from? ???

A Siglo IV has a 46 ring gauge and is 5 5/8" long. It's a coronas gordas vitola which is the same as a SLR Serie A and an H. Upmann Magnum 46 among others.

coventrycat86 said:
Wurm said:
Siglo IV has a 42 ring

Siglo VI has a 52 ring

HUH?

Where the hell are you getting this information from? ???

A Siglo IV has a 46 ring gauge and is 5 5/8" long. It's a coronas gordas vitola which is the same as a SLR Serie A and an H. Upmann Magnum 46 among others.
[snapback]296035[/snapback]​

From my post a few squares up....

Well one of my shops has it listed as a 42 and the other a 46, so I think you maybe right. Whatever that cigar is its not what they advertised.

:)

BTW the longest I've had a siglo IV in my hands was about 5 mins before packing it up in a outgoing bomb.

And since I can't visualize a ring gage to save my life there was no way for me to know that my shop was wrong.

For me ring gages go something like this

really skinny, skinny, fat, jawbreaker :p

I did however send off an email to Bugge letting them know that they have the wrong ring gage written down for the IV :)

mattroth54 glad to hear everything turned out positive! :thumbs:

It completely amazes me when vendors and shops give out wrong information.

Remember when KevinOWhacker from the Cigar Humidor (a shop near Chicago) kept calling Padron 1926 "Anniversary"? :laugh: