• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sick Period

I have a couple of boxes of May 00 Upmann 2's and I never smelled any amonia. They are smoking great right now, the 5 years was definitely needed on these cigars.

I have never smoked a sick Fuente or Padron... do NCs experience sick periods?

jabba said:
[snapback]273568[/snapback]​

For the most part NC don't... they age the cigars before they are shipped. Why the cuban factories don't is one thing I've been wondering about since I joined CP. I'm quessing it all has to do with supply and demand.

Wurm said:
jabba said:

For the most part NC don't... they age the cigars before they are shipped. Why the cuban factories don't is one thing I've been wondering about since I joined CP. I'm quessing it all has to do with supply and demand.
[snapback]273726[/snapback]​
Communism maybe? That system could f**k up a wet dream.

Doc.

Devil Doc said:
Wurm said:
jabba said:

[snapback]273726[/snapback]​
Communism maybe? That system could f**k up a wet dream.

Doc.
[snapback]273735[/snapback]​

lol only if your not talking about "True Communism" then I'd have to agree.

But I'm quite sure Capitalism is what rules the cigar prodution in Cuba as elsewhere where cigars are made.

The reason non Cubans don't go sick is because they age the tobacco before it is rolled. Mfgs. like Fuente and Padron have tons of aged tobacco and they age them even further after they are rolled. Cuba rolls unaged tobacco and then ships them right out for us to do their aging for them.

jabba, I heard they age their 1964's and 1926's a bit before they send them out. I know a guy very who is very close to the Padron family, I'll ask him to answer this question for us.

Master,

I think way too highly of you to even consider thinking you forgot. Your reputation preceeds you.

I've never smelled ammonia in my cigars. I would trust the source in Austrailia, I've never recieved any fakes from that country. I just hate their shipping time.

Oh ya, all my clasps are made in Germany too. ???

Jabba, I finally found this thread. LOL

My buddy says they only age them 30-90 days,after they have been boxed.

I have tasted many Padrons that were green and a few that had a bit of amonia taste during the last third. They we all off the shelf in my travels. The ones in my fridge just started coming around. So in my opinion, yeas there are NC's that are sick. But what I consider sick, others call young, punchy, full of zip, fresh....

Emo