• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Should I be concerned?

theorangeman

Recently I ordered a box of ISOM Punch Punch, due in large part to several recommendations and strong reviews that I've read on this board as well as other places on-line. However, I have very limited experience with Punch, and actually smoked by first couple (that I've had in a long while). I had a Rothchild last night and a Gran Cru Diademas tonight. What's got me a little concerned is that I didn't really care so much for either one. The Gran Cru was pretty decent, but nothing special in my book. I fully understand that this may mean absolutely nothing as it relates to drawing a comparison to ISOM Punch Punch, but I feel inclined to ask anyway; for those of you who have experienced ISOM Punch Punch, is this a MUCH different smoke than the others that I mentioned above? After trying these two, I'm just wondering if Punch might just not be my favorite brand. I'm hoping that the ISOM's are a different story.

I didn't buy a whole box for myself so it's not that big of a deal if I don't like them, but I'm interested in some thoughts on this nonetheless.

A Punch Punch is a totally different smoke!

You'll enjoy it! ;)

I had a Punch Punch over the summer, and recently tried a Grand Cru that I had sitting in the humi for some time now. The Gran Cru was pretty good, but I can remember being much happier after smoking the ISOM. There did seem to be some similarities in terms of sweetness, but the ISOM definitely had more power, flavor, and that "twang" that you often hear about.

I don't think you'll be disappointed in your purchase, but if you are, I'm sure you'll have no trouble selling/trading them.

Cool, thanks guys. That's sort of what I was thinking but wanted to make sure that this is an apples/oranges comparison (as I'm hoping). Also, the Gran Cru has only been in my humi for about 2 weeks, perhaps it needs a little more age. The rothchild however, may improve with age as well, but so far after smoking a couple of these, I have been very unimpressed with them. I have a Rare Corojo as well that I'll have to try in the near future.

I was thinking about again the ISOM's (Punch Punch) for at least 6 months before trying, maybe even longer. Is that about right for these sticks?

IMHO, all ISOM's need at least 6 months or longer in the humi before they are really ready. None of the ISOM's coming from that island have any age on them what-so-ever...hense the fact they are so impressed with the fact that they sell EL's (3 years of age on the wrapper), WOW---BIG DEAL!!! So let them sit and then enjoy them. Good luck...and if they suck, sell me a fiver. I love the Punch Punch.

-Fetter :rolleyes:

(Eddided because I can't not right, right.)

I'll smoke any Punch, any time. I dont let them age at all. :D I have a Punch Punch and its so looking to be on the Endangered Species list. Its probably the one stick I get every time while in Europe since its my ole stand by. :)

coventrycat86 said:
Apples and oranges....
[snapback]256478[/snapback]​

Carrots and coconuts. :p

No correlation between the two can be made, IMHO. Punch is one of my top 3 favorite Cuban brands, so I've smoked a few. They are nothing like the Honduran-made cigar.

cigardawg said:
No correlation between the two can be made, IMHO. Punch is one of my top 3 favorite Cuban brands, so I've smoked a few. They are nothing like the Honduran-made cigar.
[snapback]256597[/snapback]​

That is the truth. Punch is my most smoked Cuban and they dont even resemble the Honduran ones. Other than the fact I like both sides of Punch.

Punch Gran Cru's are swill in comparison to the Cuban Punch brand. There is no comparison and they shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence. lol