• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RyJ Tubo

• Thread starter Thread starter MX
  • Start date Start date

MX

Quietly getting back into the cigar culture.....
I was just given a RyJ tubo by a co-worker. The only back story I have on it is, it was sent to him by his cousin. My co-worker says it is a true ISOM and not a fake.

I will post pic, but my internet connection will not let me tonight, maybe in the morning.

As for the rest:
1. It is in a glass tube, seal on the bottom with a plastic stopper and "safety" type seal that you might find on some OTC liquid medicine
2. It seems to be approx 6 inches long, unsure of the ring size, but it is close to a 50 if I had to guess.
3. It has a sort of decorative band around the cap end of the tube with a drawing of the balcony scene from R&J, a orange dot with Romeo y Julieta Cigarros, and a scene of a castle on a lake or something like a lake. This band is made of gold foil.
4. The cigar band is the Red and White RyJ with Medallas de Oro in the center.

That is about all I can tell without opening the tube. Is this enough to help any of you guys out?

Thanks
Tim

I was just given a RyJ tubo by a co-worker. The only back story I have on it is, it was sent to him by his cousin. My co-worker says it is a true ISOM and not a fake.

I will post pic, but my internet connection will not let me tonight, maybe in the morning.

As for the rest:
1. It is in a glass tube, seal on the bottom with a plastic stopper and "safety" type seal that you might find on some OTC liquid medicine
2. It seems to be approx 6 inches long, unsure of the ring size, but it is close to a 50 if I had to guess.
3. It has a sort of decorative band around the cap end of the tube with a drawing of the balcony scene from R&J, a orange dot with Romeo y Julieta Cigarros, and a scene of a castle on a lake or something like a lake. This band is made of gold foil.
4. The cigar band is the Red and White RyJ with Medallas de Oro in the center.

That is about all I can tell without opening the tube. Is this enough to help any of you guys out?

Thanks
Tim
There have not been any Habanos released in glass tubes in recent history. Off the top of my head, I do not know if any RyJ have ever been released in glass tubes.

Here is a recent fake RyJ Churchills in glass. It came from Russia.
IslesFanGlassRyJChurchill00.jpg

If you'd be willing to part with your specimen then send me a PM and we can work something out.

Wilkey

That sure is a purty tube.....insert joke here :D

I am thinking it is a NC RyJ. The tube mine is in is plain glass.

Ahh, could be at that. If it does not say Habana on the band, that would be a clue. Why would he think it's a Cuban though?

Oh well.

Wilkey

"Cigarros" - cigarettes?

NC :[size=-1]Deluxe #2 (Glass Tube)[/size][size=-1] 50 x 6"[/size]

Ahh, could be at that. If it does not say Habana on the band, that would be a clue. Why would he think it's a Cuban though?

Oh well.

Wilkey

Oh well.

Wilkey

I think this is a case of where I should have followed some of my own advise about searching before wasting time and space. :blush:

I did not know then, but I found, and was on my way to post that I looked into it a bit more on my own and found that it if it was Habana, it would say so on the band.
As for why they both thought it was a Cuban, my guess is, neither smoke cigars, and all they know is that RyJ is one of the better ISOM out there, so they put 2 and 2 together and came up short at 3.25...

Sorry guys, but thanks all the same

Holding head down in shame

Tim