• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RyJ NO.1 different bands

jepe

I just bought 2 RyJ NO.1 from my regular shop.
When I came home I noticed that they have 2 diffrent bands.

On 1 its written Desde 1875 in the middle of the band.
On the other 1 its written Rodriguez Arguelles yC.

Cant take pics now,my camera is not with me.

Is this ok ?

Hard to tell without pictures. I've got some with 2 different bands. The one is a bright red, embossed band that has Desde 1875 on it lie you described. It is fairly new and I got it from a reliable source and am fairly sure it's legit. The other one is an Embossed band also, almost orangish in color and has rodriguez in smaller print and Arguelles in larger print on it with a small y and large C on it. This one I got in Niagara fall Canada in 2003. It could very well be a fake as that's not the best place tobuy if you aren't careful and at the time I wasn't careful about what I bought and from whom. They both have a nice tripple cap on them and look good to the eye, but I haven't researched if they changed bands or not. Were they from the same box because if they were that would be a little strange.

We noticed the new bands as well here in the shop on the R&J en Cedro line. I believe it was sometime in '09. They match your description exactly. The newer labels are a darker, almost brandywine red.

Enjoy your smokes.

Cheers
Drew P

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

I just talked to the owner of the shop and he also explained
to me that there was a change in the bands last year or so.