• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RyJ Exhibicion No. 4

Martin2D

Clueless About Life
Just a quick question, was there a change in this vitola from 2001 to 2006? I have one from 2001, which is box pressed and much more Cubanesque (drier, veinier) looking. I also have one from 2006, which is round, smoothy, and more oily.

Thanks experts!

Just a quick question, was there a change in this vitola from 2001 to 2006? I have one from 2001, which is box pressed and much more Cubanesque (drier, veinier) looking. I also have one from 2006, which is round, smoothy, and more oily.

Thanks experts!
Are these individual sticks you have? The simple answer I guess would be that the '01 came from a dress box and the '06 came from a cabinet.

Thanks experts!
Are these individual sticks you have? The simple answer I guess would be that the '01 came from a dress box and the '06 came from a cabinet.

Yeah, what he said.

Very cool. I love learning this stuff!

Thanks a lot fellas.

I'm a BIG fan of cigars from CABS vs from dress boxes. SLR is pretty much my favorite Cuban brand BUT I have yet to find the PCs in CABS so alas, I smoke those from dress boxes.

The taste is the same but I prefer the nice, round cigars from CABS. :thumbs:

The taste is the same but I prefer the nice, round cigars from CABS. :thumbs:

x2

A lot of people also say CABS age better, but I can't tell a noticeable difference. Maybe very long-term aging (i.e. 15+ years) would prove me wrong.